Chapter 8.

I woke up to a crazed Mali running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

"Are you okay?" I ask her as I sit up and rub my eyes, noticing she's about in tears.

"No...my stupid babysitter canceled and Gabby has finals so now I have nobody to watch Roland and I can't call off again because my boss is a dick and said if I miss one more day I'm gonna get fired and I really need this fucking job." She rambles, running her hands through her long dark hair.

"I'll watch him." I say immediately. I loved kids, so this would actually be kinda fun. Its not like I had anything else planned today.

"No...I can't ask you to do that."

"You didn't ask, I offered. Now go before you're late." I smile.

"You are a goddess." She grabs me and engulfs me in a huge hug.

"I know." I wink dramatically.

"Roland's watching cartoons, He usually takes a nap around twelve, then eats lunch when he wakes up, macaroni and cheese is in the fridge, only give him apple juice, milk is for bedtime. Calum should be home before me so once he gets here you can leave." She breathes as she shuffles around looking for her car keys.

"Got it." I laugh.

"Are you sure you're okay doing this, I hate using you like this." She frowns.

"Its fine, I promise." I reassure her.

"Mommy loves you, Ro. Be good for Kam okay?" She tells the mini version of herself standing at her feet.

"Otay." He responds giving her a hug.

"Thank you again. You're truly a lifesaver."

"Go." I tell her, trying to push her put the door so she wouldn't be late.

After she writes down her cell phone number on a scrap piece of paper she grabs her purse and heads out the door.

Their house was small, but spacious if that makes sense. It was two bedrooms and one bathroom but the kitchen and living room were pretty decent sized.

"We're gonna have so much fun today." I smile at the little boy.

"You talk funny." Roland giggles.

"That's because I'm not from here like you guys." I try to explain.

"What?" He scrunches up his nose like he doesn't understand.

I walk over to the bookshelf that was against the wall and pull down the globe.

"We're here." I point to the green area of Australia.

"And I'm from here." I spin the globe so its now on North America.

"Woah that's a long way." His little eyes go wide in amazement. I laugh at his reaction.

"Can we watch cartoons?" He grins and I can't help wonder how Mali ever says no to him.

"Of course!"

It was around 11:45, close to his nap time so I knew he was getting tired. Not even 10 minutes into Dora the Explorer and he was already fast asleep. I throw a thin blanket over him then make my way into the bathroom to freshen up.

I scrolled aimlessly on my phone, going through my social media and taking the quiet time to call my mom to let her know I'm still alive.

Roland woke up about two hours later as I was right in the middle of an episode of Friends. "Kammy?" He looks up at me with sleepy brown eyes.