Chapter 16.

I pull the blankets over my head to block out the sun that was shining in through the window. I turn over and yawn, my body not wanting to wake up just yet.

After allowing myself to sleep in another ten minutes I force myself out my way too comfy bed. I toss my hair up in a quick messy bun and head off into the kitchen in search of some coffee.

"Good morning sunshine." Gabby says cheerfully as I grab a cup from the cabinet.

"Morning." I giggle, wondering what has her in such a good mood.

"How was your date last night?" She grins like we're back in high school.

"I told you it wasn't a date." I roll my eyes at her.

"That's not what Calum said."

"You talked to him? And he said it was a date?" My eyes go wide as I stare at her trying to process what she just said.

"Yep."

"Wow..."

I had a great time with Calum and I was finally warming up to him. I could safely say I definitely like him way more now then I did a few days ago or when I first got here.

"Is that a good wow or..." Gabby gives me a pressing look.

"Honestly, I don't know."

"He likes you." She blurts out leaving me with a stunned expression.

"What?" I manage to get out after standing there for a few minutes in shock.

"Oh come on, its obvious, he likes you, Kam."

"We've only been on one date, that technically I didn't even know was a date I doubt he likes me." I object.

"He told us." She smirks.

"What? When? And you sure?" My heart starts beating faster then normal, something I found happens whenever I get into a conversation with or about Calum.

"Last night, and he seemed genuine." Her voice turns more serious.

"Hang on, weren't you the one who said to be careful and he uses girls? I thought you didn't like him." I question her.

"Maybe I've learned there's more to him then what meets the eye."

"So you want me to like him now or..." I ask more confused then ever.

"I want you to form your own opinion on him. I took my own distaste for him and let that effect you, and that wasn't fair to Calum. Luke and I had a long talk about him last night and now I realize that I made a snap judgment on someone I didn't even know. Yeah, he's made some mistakes but haven't we all? All I'm saying is give him a shot." She sighs when she finally finishes.

"You really don't think he's a bad guy anymore?" I ask her unsure what to make of all of this.

"No, I don't." Her mouth turn into a half smile. "Do you?"

"No. I mean, he's holding something back, but after everything he's been through that's understandable, ya know?" I bite my lip.

"Exactly." She nods.

"But when you strip him of whatever is weighing him down, he's a good guy. He was so sweet and funny yesterday. I felt like for the first time I got to really see who he was. Without all the hard exterior." I tell her remembering all the little details of the night before.

"You like him."

"What? No..." I trail off hoping she drops the subject but of course that's not gonna happen.

"Look at how you smile when you talk about him, or how your eyes lit up last night when you were guys hanging out." My face starts to heat up at her words and I could just feel myself blushing 50 shades of red.

Was she right? I wanted so badly to argue back and tell her she's wrong but a little voice in the back of my mind knew if I did then I'd be lying.

"Fine, I like him." I admit, the butterflies taking off in my stomach as I say the words out loud.

"Yay, now we just have-" Gabby starts to cheer when her cell rings.

"Lukey poo" came flashing across the screen. "Hang on." She motions for me to wait a second while she picks up the phone.

"Hey baby, whats- oh my god." Her face goes white and I'm immediately frightened, thinking maybe something happened to luke.

"Kam, where's your phone?" She looks at me frantically.

"My back pocket why?" I give her this "what the hell is your problem" look.

"Get it out." She presses the end button on her own phone as I reach to grab mine.

"What is going on?" I ask as I hold my iPhone out to her

She motions for me to look down and when I do I feel my stomach sink.

My phone has been on a call with Calum for over 10 minutes without either of us knowing.

"Did he hear?" I look over, scared at what she's going to say.

"Everything." She responds with a sympathetic expression.

I close my eyes and take a deep breathe as I contemplate what to do.

I stare down at my phone for a about thirty seconds before putting it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I say into the phone, my voice a little hesitant. Really hoping she's wrong and Calum wasn't on the other end, all of which goes up in smoke when I hear the deep familiar voice.

"Hi."