Chapter 10.

We both just stand there looking at each other, neither of us seeming too happy with the arrangement.

"Come on guys!" Mali looks over at us both.

We walk awkward over to where the rest of the group was. Everyone putting their shoes on and picking out what balls they wanted.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you'd be left with Cal." Gabby whispers in my ear.

"It's alright, I'm sure I'll live." I shrug.

Once everything was set up one person from each team goes, Calum starting for us.

"Yeaaaaah baby!" Luke yells when gabby gets her first strike.

"You suck." Mikey pouts when Ashton gets a gutter ball.

"Yay mommy!" Roland cheers Mali on adorably.

It went on like that for the rest of the night, everyone laughing and having a good time. Calum and I didn't talk at all, we mostly just bowled and talked to our friends, ignoring each other completely.

"Okay, so its a tie between Luke and Gabby and Calum and Kam." Ashton says looking at the four of us. "So whoever wins this game are the overall winners."

"Okay, let's go babe, come on. I know you can do this." Gabby encourages Luke as we all watch on. It was the last turn of the game and everyone was on edge. Luke's seven pin knock down really hurt us. If I could manage to get one more strike our team would win.

When it was my turn to bowl everyone was silent as I walked up to the lane. My body tensing up as I lean back to throw the ball.

We all watched as it rolled and rolled finally coming in contact with the pins, miraculously knocking them all down.

"YESSSSSS!" Calum yells running and grabbing me into his arms. Twirling me around as I laugh.

"Noooooo." Luke dramatically falls to his knees making everyone burst into hysterics.

"Oh...i'm sorry...I kind of, got excited." Calum says scratching the back of his head when he puts me down.

"Its okay." I reply, my heart racing a mile a minute. What the hell was that?

"Just call us the king and queen of bowling." Calum chuckles as everyone gathers around us, acting like that never happened.

"Yeah yeah, next time we're so kicking your asses." Mikey says puts his arm around me playfully.

"Dream on." I snort and high five Calum.

"Yeah, nobody can beat us." He winks.

"Okay let's not go that far." Mali rolls her eyes at him.

We, well Roland really, decided on getting some milkshakes at the local diner across the street.

We all slide into the red and white checkered booth. Everyone but me knowing exactly what they want.

"Alright, so what are the best flavors? I need suggestions people." I look around the table for opinions.

"Chocolate. You can never go wrong with a classic." Mali grins, Gabby agreeing with her.

"What about you cutie, what kind of milkshake are you getting?" I ask Roland who was currently coloring on the paper in front of him.

"Cookie dough, its the best." He smiles.

"No, the mint chocolate chip is the best." Calum teases.

"Oh, uncle Cal might have won me over Ro, Mint chocolate chip is my favorite kind of ice cream." I smirk.

"You guys are weird." He scrunches up his little button nose.

We all order, Calum and I both getting the same one.

"Can I tell you something?" Roland tugs on my shirt, interrupting my conversation with Gabby.

"Sure, what's up bud?" I smile down at him.

"I like you." He giggles.

"Awh. I like you too!" I pull him into a hug.

"You're not gonna leave like Kristie did are you?" He asks me with a frown.

Everyone stops what they're doing and just stares at him. A sudden dark cloud of tension around us.

"Umh, no, I'm not going anywhere." I tell him confused as to what just went down.

Everyone suddenly looks over to Calum who had an unreadable expression across his face. Who the hell is Kristie?

"So, how are the milkshakes?" Ashton says coughing.

Its apparent they all knew something I didn't. Something involving this Kristie and Calum.

"Mines good." I answer, trying to make the situation less awkward.

"I've got to go." Calum abruptly gets up, throws some money down on the table and leaves the diner.

"Its uncle Cally mad at me, mommy?" Roland sounds like he's on the verge of tears.

"No baby...Uncle Cal just needs some space." She kisses his forehead.

"Okay, is somebody going to tell me what's going on?" I finally ask them.

"Kristie was Calum's ex. Total bitch." Luke informs me.

"She cheated on him...really fucked him up inside." Mali says with a sad look.

"Yeah, honestly I think that's the only girl he's ever loved. He even told me he was planning on asking her to marry him." Mikey frowns.

"Wow." Was all I could think to say.

Nobody ever deserves to go through that. I can't imagine that kind of pain. On top of losing his parents and the incident with Mali, no wonder he's broken.

I've always found it funny how you can always tell exactly when a clock stops ticking, when its breaks, but with people its not so easy, and most of the time, you can't even tell their broken.