Chapter 4

When it rains, does it really pour? She was naive enough to ask this question when she was a kid. She had always been a curious child. She asked this question taking it in the literal sense. She stopped asking after she realized that it was a phrase and it would apply in other areas of her life as well. Today was one such day.

She guessed things were not really that different. She always worked long hours. It was just the severe cold that would make things slightly more difficult for her to concentrate. It took her longer to work and her entire head felt like a mess. With an empty tissue box, a pounding head and watering eyes, all she wanted was a blanket and some sleep. She reached home at the usual hour and walked over to her favourite spot. She dropped off her bag on the side and sank herself into the bean bag and curled up with her blanket. The "music" from upstairs had begun its course for the day. She groaned and reached for a sheet of paper to yell at the noise-maker. That is when she emitted a loud sneeze. She reached up to her backpack to pull out another packet of tissues when she saw something move in her peripheral vision. She saw a packet of tissues on the floor with a sticky note on top that said, "I am sure you did not intend to shake the very core of this building."

She didn't know whether to frown at the note or smile at the tissues. And this is when she realized that the music had stopped completely. It would normally start after every note. But today there was silence. The one she craved for. She wrote her note, got up from her seat and threw it into the balcony above.

It read "You stopped the noise so I thought I'd create some."

She got back a note that said, "The words you are looking for are thank you."

She blinked at the note. So this person didn't play any music today because she was sick? She hurriedly scribbled back and sent, "Searching for ways to prolong a cold on the internet..."

She got back instantly, "One of them would certainly be sitting out in the cold. Just saying."

She read it and realized that this person was right. She had just gotten used to sitting out here that it had become her respite from everything. Even a cold that would aggravate in this weather. She hated when others especially this new annoying tenant, were right. She grumbled, tossed the ball up without a note and walked inside.

Author'sNote: Yay!I put up Chapter 3 as well. Okay, focusing on Chapter 4 now. Gotta go! -S