Chapter 15

Kajal looked at the words uncertainly and said, "Uh..."

Vikramaditya shot her a questioning look and asked, "What? Do you mind my borrowing your cap?"

Kajal didn't want to make the scene uncomfortable so she shook her head and said, "Nope. Not at all. Shall we?"

He gestured for her to lead as he said, "After you. Do you want me to hold the box?"

Without turning she said, "No thanks. I don't trust you. They might get over by the time we reach the park."

As they stood outside the elevator, he asked, "Are you accusing me of being a pig?"

She laughed in her head just thinking about that. She walked inside the lift and said, "Certainly not." He nodded just as she said, "But we are all helpless in front of the all-consuming powers of chocolate. You must know that."

He rewarded her with another one of those rare smiles and said, "I find myself agreeing with you over the oddest of things."

She asked, "How come you didn't bring anything for our picnic?"

He pulled out a card and said, "Who says I don't bring anything to the table?"

Kajal squinted at the card and read the coffee shop's name. She looked up at him and asked, "You became a member?"

He shot back, "I foresaw your greed."

She threw her head back and laughed. She said, "Touché!"

They walked up to the park in companionable silence. She realized how much she enjoyed being with someone without talking. He asked her to sit at the park bench as he walked back to the coffee shop to get coffee.

After a while, she turned back and saw him walk over to the bench holding a paper coffee stand with two cups. She shifted to make room for him and he sat down next to her. He handed her a cup. Just as she raised the cup to her lips, she saw a drawing on it. She pulled the cup back and squinted at it. It was a tiny, scribbled albeit cute version of the earth.

She smiled and took a sip. She asked him, "How did you know I liked Cappuccino?"

He replied, "I don't. I just picked up two of my usual order. I don't know everything, you know?"

She slid the box towards him. He picked up a cupcake and toasted it in her direction. She picked one herself and did the same. They looked at the park ahead and admired the quiet view. Just as she reached for another cupcake, he asked, "So you have a sister?"

She nodded and replied, "Yes. She is my younger sister. Her name is Naina."

He said, "Huh..."

She frowned and asked, "What?"

He looked at her and replied in an amused tone, "Generally Naina comes before Kajal, right?"

She rolled her eyes and said dryly, "Ha ha ha."

Then she asked him, "Where did you learn to play music?"

He took a few seconds to answer but he did. And it was surprisingly honest. He said, "My grandfather had a deep love for music. I guess it got passed on. What do you do in your balcony every day?"

She shot back, "How do you know I'm in the balcony every day?"

He replied dryly, "The smiley balls didn't throw themselves up, you know?"

She made a face and took her time to answer. She gave it some thought and said, "I like looking at the sky."

He waited for her to continue. So she chewed her lip thoughtfully and went ahead, "Where I work, there is always...din and chaos. It has become a way of life for me there. So I take some time out to relax with the sky and enjoy the peace."

He asked quietly, "Which I have been stealing away from?"

She smiled and looked at him to reply, "Yes. Yes you have. But..."

He was quick to respond, "But what?"

She felt an internal struggle. She decided to take an easier route and said, "But I finally know the difference between chaos and utter noise. Thanks to you!"

He leaned back and crossed his arms across his chest. He shot her a look and whispered, "Liar!"

Author's Note: I hope you enjoyed the bonus chapter guys! I loved going in the zone for two straight chapters. It was great fun spending time with these two. :) I may be a little while with the next instalment of the story. I ask for your patience and continued readership with all my heart. :) Thank you! Until later, S.