Chapter 10

She looked at him properly. He was of average height, probably a forehead taller than her and he had an average build. But if she had to describe him to someone, average would certainly not be the word. There was an aura of strength and confidence about him as he surveyed her quietly with one hand holding a bunch of keys and the other, a stack of envelopes. He was dressed in a black t-shirt and khaki pants. She walked over to him and popped up an eyebrow. At close quarters, she noticed his stubble that was running the risk of becoming a full-fledged beard. She noted that his hair that was on the longer side but swept back neatly but had the careful style of looking messy at the same time. She saw that he had sharp, brown eyes but they were warm and sparkling. She caught herself thinking, "Do eyes actually sparkle?"

He broke the silence and asked, "Is the inspection over?"

She challenged, "Is yours?"

He shrugged and said, "Quite so. So do you want to make a move or did the doctor order an extended vacation in the lift?"

She pointed at the stairs and said, "After you."

He walked towards the stairs and asked, "Upstairs or downstairs?"

She frowned and asked, "What do you mean? We both live upstairs. Or have you forgotten, O Wise One?"

He shook his head slightly and said, "As you so brightly pointed out, there is no electricity. Would you like to take a walk instead?"

She pointed at him and asked, "With you?"

He raised an eyebrow and asked, "Is that a problem? With you?" He repeated.

She said, "Well not really. I do mind the location though."

He asked incredulously, "You want to go up and down the stairs instead?"

Kajal wanted to laugh at that but she controlled herself. She said, "No...I meant the roof. Perfect place for a walk."

He gestured towards the stairs and said, "Lead the way."

She raised a hand and said, "On one condition though."

He rolled his eyes in exasperation and asked, "Now what? You want to play catch on the roof as well before we walk? Keep up with the tradition."

She burst out laughing at that. She couldn't help it. While laughing, she said, "Um no. What's your name?"

Then she saw him smile. It was more charming than his notes and that caught her by surprise. He went, "You first."

Author's Note: Here's Chapter 10. :D Now off to another story. Seeya soon! - S