Chapter Four

A few days had passed since Dapple humiliated me. BloodClan was beginning to shun me, but no cat had a death wish. Oh, no cat would ever speak against Scourge. Dapple had been around Oak almost every hour of the day, the two of them snickering and stealing glances at other cats that hadn't been born into BloodClan. I included. The sun had come up and gone down, and every day a small bit of drama came up. Usually, Dapple was connected to it somehow. Two days ago, a fight broke out between Stone, a skinny, short-haired light gray tom, and Vine, a dark brown she-cat with corrupted green eyes. As usual, it ended in someone surrendering. This time it was Vine. Quite surprising, actually, considering Stone was an older cat and Vine was young and strong. Now, on my fifth day in BloodClan, I still didn't have a tooth in my collar. Every time o walked around camp, I was so embarrassed. Even snotty Dapple had a few! I received cold glances from cats, a mixture of hate, distrust, and my appearance of weakness in their eyes as they watched me and my toothless collar.

"What?" I snapped dryly at the cats staring. "Am I some pityful clan cat?"

"Just a weak kittypet." A cat spoke out. Fury made my claws extend and fur rise on end.

"Weak? I'll show you weak, you mangy little furball!" I snarled, curling back my upper lip, exposing my yellowing teeth.

"I'd fight you, but I don't waste my time on fights that are already won." The cat laughed, padding away, clearly unafraid of me.

Scowling, I followed as my paws led me to nowhere in particular. My fur stood on end as I felt the eyes of a cat following me. I looked over my shoulder and saw a long tortoiseshell coat and bright green eyes staring blankly at me.

Moss.

"Oh! Oh, Broken! Broken, Broken Broken, what a lovely name!" The she-cat howled as she took a few bounds to catch up to me. I stayed where I was, frozen in confusion. "Oh, hello Broken! Do you know how fun murder is?" Moss questioned.

"Never took a hit at it yet." I confessed.

"Oh! Oooh! Well, ya better getta tooth in that collar unless you want that crazy Dapple to shred you apart!" The tortoiseshell meowed, nodding her head excessively. I flicked my ear, not exactly agreeing, but signaling that I was at least listening.

"Anyway, murder. Oh, boy is it fun! To bad mousebrain ShadowClan kicked me out. Ha, murdering my clanmate isn't that bad." Moss pouted, tossing her head back, and rolling her eyes.

"Quite energetic, aren't you." I grunted.

"Thank you for pointing that out, leader of the obvious. But I would rather like it if you used the word insane." Moss corrected me.

"Right." I huffed, annoyed by the insane cat's personality. "Do you fetch sticks?" I asked sarcastically.

"Do I look like a barking fleabag?" Moss retorted coldly. Taken aback by her sudden anger, my ears flattened against my skull.

"It doesn't help that we're a flea-infested clan.." I mumbled under my breath.

"And it certainly doesn't help you when your so weak you don't even have a tooth in your collar!" The she-cat snarled.

"Just because I don't have a decked out collar doesn't mean I can't give you one good blow that'll send you to your clan's little StarClan!" I yowled, raising my head, eyes burning.

"Love you too, Broken," Moss meowed happily back. "Well, I'm off. Felt like it would be nice to give old ShadowClan a nice visit. Wanna join? Maybe you could get your first tooth!"

"Sure, Moss, go crazy." I said, my voice low and quiet.

"Already am, Broken!" The she-cat sang back, already bounding- more or less tripping- out of BloodClan camp. Taking a few leaps to catch up, both of us were soon surrounded by the dense forest, on our way to the clan that Moss had come from.

____________
a/n: okay, I'm so sorry for the extremely long wait for this chapter. -points at writer's block- blame him! Anyway, Moss belongs to @Iggyrichmond, not me. I love her character though..