Chapter Fourteen

"Scourge?" My voice was barely above a whisper.

"Are you blind?" he snapped.

"But you're dead! Bone said so!" I retorted, my voice high-pitched from emotions that jumbled up and formed into a ball, a hard and cold lump in my throat.

"Broken, you can't trust everything you hear." Scourge snarled. Humiliation creeped up from inside me, coating the stone that clung to my windpipe. "And you also can't kill fellow BloodClan members, with the population so low already." he added, flicking the tip of his tail towards Stone, who still stood behind him.

"Yes, Scourge." I mumbled like a rambunctious kit would after their mother scolded them.

"I've asked Bone a few things, and it appears you disappeared for quite a while, and brought back this 'Multi.' Not to mention those horrendous scars that have been carved into your back. Tell me where you've been." Scourge ordered.

"I-I..." I stumbled, knowing if I didn't tell the leader, I would be punished, but I would also find myself punished if I told him that I'd been weak enough to allow a WindClan cat to severely injure me, and let a clan cat heal me.

"Spit it out!" He yelled, his voice the perfect mixture between a snarl and a yowl.

"I was in a battle while I was traveling to WindClan's camp to join the battle, but I wasn't fully alert. This was a humongous mistake, as you would most likely know, being the founder and leader of this noble and proud clan-"

"Stop sucking up to me like muck that clings to my paws! Spill now, or I'll torture you in front of the entire clan until you do!" Scourge threatened. I noticed many pairs of eyes staring at the three of us as Scourge snarled at me.

"I was attacked, I killed the cat, though. They gave me the start of these scars, and weakened my energy. When I got to WindClan's camp, I was tackled to the ground before I could even see a single pelt of a cat, who opened up the new wounds again. I was then in and out of consciousness, and something dragged me by my collar. I woke up in a den of one of the clan cats. After a moon of my scars healing over, I killed the cat who had been mousebrained enough to save an enemy cat. Multi, then known as Dapplewhisker, asked to join me. I knew she could be a spy, so I ordered her to murder one of her clanmates. She came back with the limp and still-warm body of WindClan's deputy. We came back to find BloodClan's number of killers much smaller than before." I explained, ashamed of myself as I spoke to Scourge. BloodClan's leader expelled a sharp breath of disgust and disappointment before turning around quickly, steering clear of Stone as he began to briskly walk towards Bone.

"Nice going there, Broken." Stone hissed quickly, leaving the scene as well. Humiliation clung to my pelt as I lowered my head and tail, beginning to walk away from the alley. If they thought I was weak, I would prove them wrong. I would find a whole clan, and kill them all. I would drag each and every one of their bodies back to BloodClan, and I would earn my respect back. I would find a dog, kill that too. I would find the strength of BloodClan put together and destroy every living thing I come across. I would prove those sorry little BloodClan kits wrong.

Turning a corner, my paws picked up the pace. I was racing across the edge of the woods, triggering memories of when I first ran away from my Housefolk's nest. It was one of the first I had thought about them since I joined BloodClan. I slowed down, the thought that my Housefolk might wrestle me back into their boring nest, never allowing me outside again. "Wouldn't that just be grand." I mumbled sarcastically.

"What would be grand, exactly?" A meow questioned, uncomfortably close. Whipping around, I came face to face with a broad short-haired she-cat, staring back at me without the smallest bit of fear-scent floating from her.