Chapter Ten

"Cats of BloodClan, gather!" Scourge's meow rang throughout the camp. I slithered out from under the dumpster and joined the wave of cats trotting towards the leader as he sat upon a few wooden crates, thrown away by the Twolegs. I sat in the mist of the BloodClan cats, and took a look at my surroundings. Bone sat on the asphalt next to the crates, his face expressionless and eyes cold and hard. I felt cats around me shift positions, and I turned my head to look at Scourge again. "I know you have begun to wonder why I have been disappearing into the woods lately, and I have gathered you here to give you some answers," Scourge meowed loudly, his voice reaching the ears of every cat. "I have been going into the woods because what's left of the pitiful clans have been planning a rebellion. I have sent spies to join the clans, train with them, give them a false sense of security. The clans have shared vital information with these spies. I didn't tell any of you because I don't trust you. I realize all of us wish to have a bloodthirsty rule, but there may be spies here as well. Why I'm telling you now? Because we are going to attack the clans. So, if you are rebel, if you were sent by the clans, you have failed your mission. You will fight against your clans. I will watch each and every one of you. You will not fight against us! You will not disobey my orders! You will follow me into battle! We will destroy the clans, once and for all!" A howls of enthusiasm and excitement followed Scourge's speech. The tom's tail flinched and BloodClan fell silent. "BloodClan, are we ready?!" Scourge yowled to the cats below him. A chorus of enthusiastic meows followed. I soon joined in, and by the time Scourge silenced us again, my throat was sore.

"BloodClan, attack!"

* * *

"Now, Bone will split you into three groups," Scourge paused as murmurs of confusion rose. "Yes, three. RiverClan and ThunderClan have formed into one large clan, who share what once was ThunderClan and RiverClan's territory. This group that will attack this 'DewClan' will be the largest group," the tom turned to Bone. "You may divide them now." Bone nodded and began to walk between the BloodClan cats, tBone began to walk into the crowd, the feral cats stepping back to let the large tom pass. I watched him to the best of my ability, and soon enough he was back beside Scourge, the BloodClan split into three groups. BloodClan's leader turned to the group next to mine. "You," he meowed. "Attack ShadowClan." The cats bellowed happily, their meows echoing through the trees. "What are you mousebrains waiting for? I said attack!" Scourge hissed. The group's cheers died down after Scourge had snarled them. They began to shuffle towards the marsh, their tails hanging low to the ground, clearly ashamed that they had been scolded by their leader. I watched as they padded away for a few moments before turning back to Scourge. He cleared his throat and turned to the group larger than mine. "Attack DewClan." Scourge meowed simply. The cats nodded without a peep, trying their best to avoid the other group's fate. They stood on their paws and silently began to trot towards DewClan's territory. Finally, the tom faced us. "Attack WindClan." Cats around me began to adjust themselves and began to leisurely pad off. I followed, careful not to slide ahead or lag behind. I felt a slight breeze pass through, and Dapple was by my side. She then hissed into my ear; "If anyone dies in this battle, I hope it's you!"

* * *

When I could smell the horrid stench of clan cats, Vine, a light brown she-cat with menacing green eyes, turned to face us. At the front of the group, her meow reached the ears of every cat. "We will surround their camp, but after we have checked their territory so we can kill any cats wandering around WindClan. Trees are scarce, so be ready to attack without hesitance. Chances you'll be able to sneak around without being detected is slim. WindClan will recognize your scent the moment the slightest breeze beings it to their nostrils. Attack one you spot, smell, or feel any cat, unless it's a cat from BloodClan. That is all, now, let's attack this pitiful clan and destroy it once and for all!" Vine yowled triumphantly.

A cat I couldn't see called out suddenly; "Why should we listen to you?"

"We have no time for quarrels, Vine's plan is reasonable. Our mission is to eliminate WindClan, not throw out unecessary complaints!" A voice hissed back. Vine nodded in agreement, and she began to walk towards the moors. When the BloodClan cats didn't follow, she turned around, her eyes filled with broken patience and annoyance. "Are we going to murder some cats or what?" She snarled. I began to trot towards the front of the group until I was next to the she-cat. Flicking my ear, the brown cat and I began a steady jog towards WindClan's territory, soon followed by shuffling paws. I smirked at Vine, clearly happy I had helped speed up the attack. She twitched her whiskers in response, her tail raised proudly.

"Split up!" Vine ordered to the crowd behind her. I glanced over my shoulder and saw the BloodClan cats beginning to disperse from one another, creating a semi-circle as they traveled father into the moors. The she-cat was soon the size of a mouse from my position, and I diverted my attention to scanning the open land, my muscles tense and ears rotating, my entire body alert to any possible ambush. I heard nothing but silence, and fresh air greeted my nose. I let my guard down for a moment, closing my eyes and relaxing, the peacefulness of the moors flooding my senses. I caught myself, remembering Vine and Scourge's speeches. My eyes shot open, the moment dissolving in the sweet air around me. My gray eyes scanned WindClan's territory, and I began to steadily trot again. My body was extremely tense, ready to fight ten cats at once.

I can't explain how wrong I was.

Suddenly, an enemy cat pounced onto my back, locking their claws onto my shoulders silently, refusing to let a horrendous yowl of hatred escape their jaws. I unsheathed my claws immediately, wiggling under the cat's grip, twisting my body and trying to fight back while their claws ripped off fur and cut into my flesh, matting my pelt with crimson blood. Still struggling under the cat's grip, adrenaline rushed through my veins faster than before, tons and gallons flooding me. I was now on my legs, the attacker tightening their grip. With every small scrap of strength, hatred, and energy I could muster within myself, I raised myself to my hind legs with such force, the cat was thrown off my back, their claws ripping out of my flesh. Despite the pain that burned through the wounds the WindClan cat had created, I leaped towards the unarmed cat, still shocked from my comeback. I sunk my claws into their ribcage, keeping them placed on the ground. Giving her one last murderous stare, I shot my head down and locked my jaw onto their neck and flung my head back, taking their windpipe with me. Spitting it out, I crossed by eyes to see the clan cat's blood had stained my muzzle. I quickly ripped out a claw from the cat, carrying it in my mouth as I continued my trek to WindClan's camp.

_______
a/n: HOLY CRAP WE'RE ALREADY AT CHAPTER 10?!?
Broken. Seriously. I think ripping out someone's throat is a little much.
*Broken shrugs*
k then.

Warriors: Broken's Rage II Completed IIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें