Gaara of the Sand

-Kami POV-

When I woke up it was already morning. The pain in my side has decreased exponentially. I got up, still clenching my side, and start walking home. I head straight to my bedroom and see a note on the bed.

'Dear Kami, After that D-ranked mission we got a C-ranked one. I'll be back in 2 weeks. Stay safe! Love you. Love, Sasuke'

I put the note down, grab some clothes, and headed towards the bathroom. I turned the hot water and started taking off pieces of my clothing, one by one. As I took off my shirt, I looked down to where that creep bit me. There was this strange seal. "A curse mark, huh?" I removed the rest of my clothes and got into the shower. Letting the hot water rinse off all the dirt felt amazing. After being in there for 30 minutes I got out and got dressed. I made my way towards the kitchen and started making myself breakfast. Afterwards, I went back to bed. I was still exhausted from yesterday and I'm pretty sure the curse mark was the cause of it all. I lay down and fall asleep almost immediately.

-Sasuke POV-

We had just finished our mission and we were on our way back to the village. I couldn't wait to see Kami and tell her everything about the mission. Well, maybe not everything... Rushed through the village gates and all the way home. The house was quiet and it worried me a bit. I walked through the halls and to her bedroom. It relieved me to see she was just taking a nap. I walked over to her bed and shook her lightly. She shot up and activated her sharingan. "Hey, it's just me!" I waved my hands in the air in surrender. She looked at me and deactivated it.

"Sorry, Sasuke. You scared me." She said sleepily.

"Come on, get dressed. We're going out for a walk." I tell her. She nod her head and gets out of bed. I get out of her room and I head towards mine to unpack and settle in. I left my room and saw a fully dressed and ready sister. We walked out of the house and started walking aimlessly around the village. "What did you do while I was gone?" I asked.

"Nothing much. Just train. Nothing exciting." She told me.

I nodded my head and told her about the mission I had. We saw Naruto and Sakura talking to 2 others and we hid in a tree above them. One of them, in a black suit, were holding the 3rd Hokage's grandson by the scarf. He was going to punch him in the face when I threw a rock at his arm. He dropped the kid and turned to face me. "You're a long way from home." I tell him, crushing a rock in my hand. He takes something off his back that's wrapped and places it in front of him. The girl beside him calls it 'crow.' Kami activates her sharingan then nudges me and points to the branch on the other side of the tree. I look and see a boy with red hair. He appeared there so swiftly like Kakashi and other jounin. He starts talking to his teammates then jumps off. They start walking away when me and Kami jump off as well.

"Hey! Who are you?" I yell.

"Who me?" The blonde girl asks.

"No, the one with the gourd." I answer.

He turns around. "I'm Gaara of the sand. I'm also interested in you and the girl. What are your names?" He asked.

I scowl when he says he's interested in Kami. "I'm Sasuke Uchiha and this is my sister, Kami." She hid behind me, not wanting to have Gaara look at her. They continued walking away then Kakashi came and led us to a bridge.

"I want you all to know that I recommended each one of you for the chunin exams." He hands us each a form. "Unfortunately, Kami, you have to participate in order for the rest of you all to participate. This is all based on your decision. You can either take it this year or wait until next year. If you do decide to participate then go to room 302 at the Academy tomorrow." He then disappeared.

I turn to Kami. "Are you going to participate?" I asked, hoping she'd say yes.

"I really don't want too, but for you, Sasuke, I will." She answered.

I hear Sakura and Naruto ranting about something, but I just block them out and smile at Kami. We walk home in silence after that to prepare for tomorrow.