when all those shadows almost killed your light.

CHAPTER FOUR

Song: Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars

Mira was woken up early by Charlotte shaking her shoulder lightly.

"You alright Charlotte?" Mira asked her immediately, rubbing her eyes, the girl nodded.

"Can we go for a walk?" she asked timidly. She was followed by another one of Jasper's screams from the drop ship. Charlotte rested her head in her hands and sighed. Mira wrapped her arms around the young girl.

"Did he keep you awake?" Mira inquired, Charlotte nodded in response.

Mira sighed and reluctantly agreed to take her for a walk outside the camp. She thought for a moment about letting Octavia know, but she would only remind her that she's still too weak. They managed to sneak out through a section of the wall that hadn't been completed. They talked for a while, about their lives on the Ark.

"So what do your parents do?" Charlotte asked her.

"Well my mum teaches and she loves to read all these old history textbooks, so she teaches Earth History, I consider myself expert thanks to her. My dad helps the guard by building weapons and fixing them," Mira explained.

"An expert huh?" Charlotte said, raising an eyebrow.

Mira nodded confidently. "Test me."

"End of World War Two?"

"September 2nd, 1945."

"Chernobyl nuclear disaster?"

"April 26th, 1980."

"Berlin wall?"

"November 9th, 1989."

"John F Kennedy assassination?"

"November 22nd, 1963."

"Battle of Hastings?"

"October 14th, 1066."

"Okay so you are an expert," Charlotte admitted.

"Well Little One, what are you good at?" Mira teased, nudging her.

"I'm not little," Charlotte protested, but Mira was still going to call her that. Then Charlotte shrugged. "And I'm not really good at much."

"We'll find something" Mira reassured her.

They continued to walk in silence until Charlotte stepped on a twig, snapping it. An axe came flying towards her head. Mira immediately grabbed onto Charlotte protectively, assuming it was Grounders, but Bellamy was the one walking up to them, pulling an axe out of the tree next to them. The rest of his bitches ran off after some black pig, except Atom.

"Why aren't you at camp?" Bellamy asked.

Charlotte explained about how she wanted to get away from Jasper, and asked Mira to come along. Bellamy then looked at Mira, he was mad.

"And you thought that bringing a little girl into Grounder territory would be a good idea?" he snapped at her, using his axe to point.

"We're not too far from camp, and at least she had the common sense to bring me along," Mira replied. "Besides, if you can do it, why can't I?"

"Because I'm armed," he held up his axe to prove a point. "And I'm not still recovering from an animal attack."

"So am I. I have five knives on me right now, I'm not an idiot," she snapped, rolling her eyes. "And I'm fine".