my youth is yours.

CHAPTER TEN
Song: YOUTH by Troye Sivan

Mira was drunk before either Asteria or Octavia, she had started to think that they weren't even drinking but instead pretending to and enjoying watching Mira make a fool of herself. She had never been drunk before, or even slightly tipsy but she had learnt that she was a lightweight and the 'lets make random plans with strangers' drunk. Octavia, being the most sober had dragged her away from a few groups of confused teenagers apologising and explaining that Mira didn't really want to give the grounders a hug because they 'seemed a little upset.'

"You got her drunk?" Bellamy asked Octavia and Asteria, the irritation in his voice clear. He had stepped into their tent, arms folded across his chest, he immediately noticed Mira's inebriated state.

"Technically she got herself drunk," Octavia defended, avoiding her brother's gaze. She was still avoiding him and giving him the cold shoulder. She knew Mira would be too if she wasn't so intoxicated.

Asteria giggled again, something she had been doing randomly as her own side affect of the alcohol. Bellamy fought the urge to face palm himself and instead shook his head in amusement. He glanced at Mira, who was trying to thread a leaf into her dark hair. Her concentrated expression made her look much younger. Her lips were pursed together tightly and she kept blinking her green eyes quickly. Her dark eyebrows were scrunched together as though she was eyeing off the leaf. She threw the bright leaf to the ground in defeat and looked up -through the hole that Mira had made in their tent during her drunk state- at the darkening sky. She was sobering up a little, which made room for the anxiety caused by the oncoming storm. Thunder boomed over their heads, making Mira -and half the camp- jump at the volume of it. The wind was picking up, tossing over some tents and making all the girls of the camp complain about their wild hair. Mira tried to pull her jacket closer around her but only ended up brushing her bare arms. At some point in her drunk state, she had lost her cosy jacket. Again.

"Sweetheart?" A familiar voice made her jump, she only just noticed their leader's presence then and immediately rolled her eyes at the sight of him. "You all need to go inside the drop ship, I'll be there soon," he told them, well more like ordered them. Mira stood up and made her way over to him, but her balance was still a little off so she rested her hands on his shoulders to steady herself. He quirked his eyebrow at her, clearly entertained by her inability to hold her alcohol.

She removed her hands from his shoulders and straightened her posture, flicking her hair behind her shoulder to prove she was fine. "And what makes you think we're going to do what you say?" she mused, "you don't get to say what you said to your sister then just act like it's fine Bellamy!" Her words were still slurred and slow. Octavia smirked to herself, partially because Mira was also an angry drunk and partially because Octavia was thinking the exact same thing. She turned to share her smirk with Asteria, but she had snuck away to the drop ship. "I was right you know, you are a selfish jerk," she continued, stepping closer. "But I have a few more adjectives for you. Arrogant, rude, egotistical, vain, conceited, attractive..." she trailed off, searching for more words and not realising what she said.

"Attractive?" Bellamy wondered, smiling at the confused girl in front of him. Octavia sat on her bed, her gaze switching between her brother and best friend. Things were getting interesting.

"No I didn't say attractive," Mira murmured unsurely. She thought about it for a moment before her eyes widened and she turned to Octavia. "Did I say attractive?" she asked worriedly, Octavia nodded slowly. Mira slowly turned back to Bellamy with a sheepish smile. She was definitely sober now. How could she say that? Sure, as much as she hated the guy and as much as she tried to push those thoughts away, she knew he was attractive. Every girl in camp knew it. Hell, Bellamy even knew it. It must have been the freckles, or the mysterious and authoritative demeanour, or the dark eyes... Mira shook the thoughts away. She did not like Bellamy Blake.