and i feel life for the very first time.

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
Song: Technicolour Beat by Oh Wonder

Bellamy rushed into the drop ship with Mira limp in his arms. Clarke -who also had trails of blood from her eyes- hastily rushed over as he placed her in the closest hammock. Tears of blood streaked Mira's porcelain face.

"What is this?" Bellamy asked, referring to Mira's obvious illness. Bellamy tore his eyes from Mira and set his glare on Murphy, who was still curled up in the corner. "What the hell did you do to her?" He snarled.

"Nothing," he sputtered out, "I wouldn't hurt Mira." Bellamy scoffed.

"Didn't look like that when you had a knife to her neck," he retorted, taking a step towards him with his fists clenched at his sides. Clarke caught on quickly and stepped between them. She gave Bellamy a warning look and he sighed before stepping back.

"Murphy I need you to tell me exactly how you escaped from the grounders," Clarke insisted, crouching next to Murphy, who eyed her warily.

Murphy shrugged. "I don't know. I woke up, and they forgot to lock my cage. There was no one there, so I took off," he explained.

"They let you go," Clare summed up gravely.

"Why would they do that?" Miller asked from behind Bellamy.

"What's happening to Mira?" Bellamy asked impatiently. Clarke was silent for a second, gathering her thoughts.

"Biological warfare," Clarke decided, meeting Bellamy's gaze. "You were waiting for the grounders to retaliate for the bridge? This is it. Murphy is the weapon. Mira cleaned him up, so it must spread through contact." Bellamy's anger towards Murphy only grew stronger.

"Is this your revenge?" Bellamy fumed at Murphy, who remained silent. Behind him, Mira was starting to regain consciousness, she could hear bits and pieces of the conversation being had and stirred lightly, though that went unnoticed by anyone else.

Murphy was quick to defend himself, "I didn't know about any of this I swear."

Before Bellamy could snap anything back, Clarke interrupted. "Murphy, think, what can you tell us that's useful? Did you hear anything?" She interrogated.

Murphy seemed to trail into a faraway world, and he seemed as though he was reliving a lifetime of pain. "They're vicious, cruel," from her half-conscious state, Mira flinched at just the thought of what Murphy had been through with them.

"You want to see vicious?" Bellamy snarled, thinking of Charlotte and Mira as he took a step forward again. Mira, although barely able to move, bolted upright.

"Bellamy-" he spun around instantly at the sound of her voice though it was abruptly cut off by a gurgling and choking sound. Blood spurted from her mouth, but caught in her throat. She knew she needed to turn on her side, but couldn't. Clarke rushed towards her and turned her on her side as best she could. Bellamy stood by in shock, his brown eyes wide and his mind unable to comprehend what was happening. There was no way Mira could die on him. Suddenly, he seemed to come to his senses and he rushed forward, gently pulling her dark locks behind her and holding it out of her face, rubbing her back in the process. Clarke stepped back, knowing that Bellamy had it under control.

The whole room seemed to be surprised to Bellamy's gentleness towards Mira. It was no secret to the whole camp that they cared for each other deeply -they had seen it from Bellamy when Mira had gone missing- they weren't aware of exactly how deep it went. Bellamy was blatantly and without hesitation risking his life for her.