can't find paradise on the ground.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
Song: All We Do by Oh Wonder

Octavia and Mira sat in the drop ship talking in hushed voices for a while before Clarke awkwardly interrupted. She could clearly sense they were having an important talk. Octavia had spent the last half hour consoling Mira.

"Uh, Mira could I speak to you please?" She interrupted. Both brunette's heads snapped to meet their leaders blue eyes and awkward stance. Mira sniffed and nodded, quickly wiping away any stray tears. She stood from the crate she had been perched on and crossed the drop ship to Clarke, who led her further away from Octavia's earshot.

"Are you okay?" The blonde blurted out, but it seemed that wasn't what she originally intended on asking.

Mira shrugged. "I'll be okay," she replied unconvincingly, "so what did you need me for?"

"There's an old depot not far away that has some supplies we need. You up for it?" She suggested.

"What kind of supplies?" Mira queried.

"Blankets. Things to get us through winter,"  Clarke responded. Mira nodded. She couldn't help but notice how much stress her friend was under, and how well she handled it.

"Why aren't you going?" The brunette asked.

"I still need to keep an eye on Finn. He keeps trying to help out around camp, but he can hardly move or he'll rip his stitches," she laughed to herself, Mira joined in with a light, half-hearted smile. "And, Bellamy is going," she added cautiously. At the sound of his name, Mira rolled her eyes.

"Then I'm definitely not going," Mira decided. Clarke groaned.

"Please Mira. You two need to sort out whatever is causing all those glares that the whole camp has noticed and maybe apologise for the huge bruise on his nose," she persuaded. Mira pursed her lips.

"He deserved it," Mira retorted.

"Maybe," Clarke agreed, scoffing, "but he needs you. More than he'd ever admit."

Mira bit her lip. She knew Clarke was just putting words in her mouth to persuade her to go with Bellamy, but the idea of Bellamy needing her and relying on her made her heart skip a beat.

"Fine," she spat out, "but I'm not apologising first." Clarke scoffed but thanked Mira with a hug. Mira savoured the hug as long as she could, she needed as many as she could get today.

"You sure you're okay?" Clarke whispered, giving her another squeeze. Mira nodded her head on Clarke's shoulder and they pulled away.

"Bellamy's waiting at the gate, you've got five minutes before he goes on his own," Clarke informed the older delinquent, he returned the information with a mock salute and returned to Octavia.

"Are you going somewhere?" Octavia asked, eyes lighting up with concern. Mira picked up her jacket -well, Bellamy's jacket- off the crate and shrugged it on, flicking her hair out of the collar.

"On a little road trip with your brother," she replied, "I'll try not to kill him." Octavia grinned at the final comment. As she was leaving the drop ship she quickly spun around to address her best friend again.