would you dare to let it go?

CHAPTER SIX
Song: Not About Angels by Birdy

Bellamy and Mira walked in silence for about half an hour before Mira finally asked the question she'd been dying to ask.

"Why did you kick the crate?" she asked, her voice was soft, all evidence of her anger was hidden, but the question made him stop in his tracks. He slowly turned around, taking his time to gather up his words.

"Mira I- I don't know why I did it. I thought I was doing the right thing," he said, his brown eyes were pleading for forgiveness, Mira almost forgave him then and there, but she willed herself to be more stubborn than that.

"You think hanging someone without hearing their side of the story 'the right thing'? God, you have some messed up morals," she scoffed.

"Yeah, I guess I do," he admitted.

Mira finally let herself get mad. She shook her head, clenching her jaw. "That's all you have to say? 'Yeah I guess I do'? Pathetic," she said, rolling her green eyes before pushing past him.

"Why are you defending him?" he asked, Mira spun back around and glared at him, for once someone actually looked intimidated by her glare.

"Because he didn't do it!" she shouted, she didn't care if Murphy heard them and came to hurt them. "He's innocent and you let them string him up! Even worse, you kicked the crate!" she stormed forward, so she was right in his face, well with her height it was more like his chest. But she looked up at him, and he looked down at her guiltily.

"So, you think we should hang Charlotte up, is that what you're saying?" he snapped.

Mira was beyond frustrated, it was like he wasn't even listening. "No!" she shouted. "But it's common sense to hear Murphy's side-" Bellamy cut her off, telling her to shut up, he was looking around the forest anxiously. "Don't tell me to shut up! You think you're so-" Bellamy cut her off this time by putting his pointer finger to her lips. She immediately shut up in shock, staring at his finger on her lips, then looked up at his chocolate brown eyes.

"I hear someone," he whispered, he glanced quickly at Mira's lips, the glance was as quick as a flash of lightning, but Mira noticed it. She didn't bring it up and he slowly lowered his finger from Mira's lips. Mira listened to the silence of the forest for about thirty seconds until she heard Charlotte screaming.

"Murphy! I'm over here!" she was shouting.

Mira and Bellamy started sprinting immediately. Mira got to Charlotte first and quickly rushed up to her, wrapping her arms around the younger girl. She didn't return the hug but instead pushed Mira back so she backed into Bellamy's chest.

"Why did you come find me?" she snarled at the two.

Murphy's voice echoed through the dark forest. "Charlotte, you can't hide forever. Don't worry, we won't hurt you!" he taunted.

"Murphy I'm over here!" she shouted back to him. She was trying to give herself up.

Bellamy rushed forward and put his hand over Charlotte's mouth, who kept trying to pry it off. "Charlotte, stop we're trying to help you," he whispered.

She finally got his hand off and started to shout at him. "I'm not your sister, okay? Stop trying to help me!" she looked at Mira, "and I'm not Cory," she added then shouted out to Murphy again.