holding hands while the world comes tumbling down.

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
Song: Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Lorde

Although she was focused on trying to loosen and escape from her bonds, Mira wouldn't take her eyes off Bellamy as he slowly worked on tying the knot. Murphy smirked and looked between the pair. Mira stilled.

"You two are pathetic," he hissed, then turned back to Bellamy, who had finished tying the knot. Bellamy looked up at him. "Now get up and toss it over," he demanded, nodding his head at one of the beams overhead. Mira instantly struggled against the ropes around her wrists and waist. They burned her wrist and she could feel them cutting into the skin.

"Bellamy don't!" She protested, her green eyes pleading him, earning a harsh kick to the ribs from Murphy. She cried out again, this time in a mix of pain and anger.

"Leave her alone!" Bellamy insisted, "you said so yourself, you don't want to hurt her."

"Toss it over," he ordered again.

"What do you want me to say?" Bellamy asked desperately, "you want me to apologise? I'm-" he took a step forward, causing Murphy to instantly fix the gun on him, Bellamy stopped in his tracks. "I'm sorry."

Murphy smiled a twisted smile and rubbed the end of his nose with the back of his hand. "You got it all wrong Bellamy. I don't want you to say anything. I want you to feel what I felt, and then... Then I want you to die," Murphy told him. "And I want your girlfriend to watch."

That hit hard with Mira. The word girlfriend. She was sure that if everything went perfectly and they both lived through this war, that was the direction they were heading in. But if Murphy killed either of them, they would never get their chance. For that reason, there was no way in hell she was letting Murphy get away with this. She continued to try wiggle out of the ropes. With the little room her hands had to move, she felt around for anything sharp behind her that could cut the ropes. Disappointment filled her when she found nothing but that didn't stop her. Bellamy threw the rope over the overhead beam and her breathing quickened. Murphy ordered him to drag over a crate and Mira grunted with a harsh tug on her bonds, which thankfully went unnoticed by Murphy.

"Stand on it," Murphy ordered nonchalantly.

"Please Murphy," Mira begged, "you don't have to do this. We can help you..." She trailed off. She honestly had no idea what to say, she just wanted to draw his attention away from Bellamy. Murphy turned to her with an amused look. He crouched in front of her again, and she briefly considered spitting in his face again, but decided that wouldn't be a good idea. He gripped her jaw tightly, causing her to wince. She vaguely heard Bellamy telling Murphy not to touch her.

Screw fear, screw fear, screw fear, she repeated like a mantra in her head. She cried out in pain again as he tossed her head to the side, sending it slamming into the corner of the crate beside her. Blood started to trickle from her head where it impacted but that bump was just what she needed to send a knife tumbling from it's place on the crate. It had been dangling precariously at the edge and landed with an inaudible thud in her open and awaiting palm. She hadn't been planning that at all, but still she would take credit for it. As soon as Murphy turned away from her, with an accomplished smirk on his face, she begun to cut the ropes around her wrist with the very blunt knife. Her eyes were still fixed on Bellamy, and occasionally he would glance over at her with an intense stare.

"Put it over your head," Murphy told Bellamy, referencing the noose.

"No!" Mira screamed instantly. "No! Murphy please! Please!" She begged, so loud that she could be heard through the thick, metal walls of the drop ship, alerting the campers outside. Asteria, Octavia and Cory shared a look of concern for their best friend. Bellamy put the loop over his head, drawing Murphy's attention from Mira. Bellamy was well aware she was trying to untie herself.