13

Sky

A few weeks later

I cooed at my nephew and he giggled back at me.

"I think you're scaring him" an amused voice said from the doorway.

I shot Kaden a mean glare before going back to my cooing

"Lunchtime!" Reagan exclaimed before coming into the living room. Aiden started clapping his hands and Reagan beamed.

I pouted.

"Do you have to take him?" I asked with my puppy dog eyes. She just laughed and nodded her head.

"If he doesn't eat now, he'll be cranky and fussy later" she said before taking Aiden away from me.

I rolled my eyes and Kaden laughed.

"Now I think it's time to feed my baby" he said before grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere" he replied and I rolled my eyes.

"No kidding! But where specifically?"

"You'll see"

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Where are we?" I asked in wonder. We were in a beautiful forest that was near a huge river pond. Kaden was quiet the whole ride here and I was a little nervous.

"We're in a part of the forest that is very sacred to my family" he said as he sat on a huge boulder. When he patted the seat next to him, I immediately followed.

"But what's it called?" I asked "Surely, a forest like this is called something, right?"

"The forest is called the Lupine Woods and the pond is called the Mating Lagoon" he said while looking in my eyes. I stared back at him in confusion.

"Doesn't Lupine mean Wolf?" I asked. He nodded his head so I continued. "And why is this pond called the Mating Lagoon?"

"Because my sweet,sweet Sky,this is where people like me start the Mating Ceremony"

"People like you?" I asked. My heart was racing and I was on the verge of passing out. "What do you mean Kaden? Are you feeling alright?"

"Sky, you must of suspected that I wasn't entirely normal by now" he said "the strength, the super hearing, the growling and possessiveness"

By this time, I was off the boulder and keeping my distance from Kaden. He kept coming closer but I took giant steps back. I also made sure that I wouldn't run into any trees and had a clear path to the car.

I was not going to end up as one of those idiot girls in movies who gets backed up into a wall seconds before they die.

Nope, Not happening.

Best-friend or not, if Kaden turns out to be a creepy psycho killer, I'm saying deuces (✌) and high tailing my behind out of there.

"Sky, don't even think about running" Kaden warned.

I snorted.

"Or what? Me running will be the least of your problems" I threatened when he took a step forward. "Take one more step and you'll be trying to figure out ways to avoid me from running your crazy butt over with your own car"

Instead of listening to me, he took another step forward and began chuckling.

"Why would you run if you don't even know what I'm about to say?"

"Oh, I've seen these sort of things in CSI and murder shows" I said "2 best friends come out into the woods, 1 of the best friends professes their undying love to the other but then is rejected when the other best friend doesn't feel the same way. Then the best friend that professed their love snaps and murders the other best friend before throwing the body in a ditch and burying all the evidence. Kaden, don't say you've never seen it because we both spent hours and hours watching those crime shows!"

"Well, you've got half of the right answer" he said and my eyes widened.

"WHAT!" I screeched.

He came up to me and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. I struggled but his grip only tightened.

"What I'm about to tell you is a little less...? How should I say it?" He thought for a second "Crazy psycho Killerish"

"Oh My God!" I said. "I know what you are" he raised a eyebrow.

"What?"

"You were born a woman" I said. His eyes widened and his arms loosened a little from around my waist. This distraction allowed me to escape his death grip.

"I...was...not...born...a woman!" He exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Of course not Kaden, we used to take baths together as children and I was 100% sure we did not have the same parts" I said and he blushed.

"Then why would you say that?" He asked in shock

"So that you would let go of me in the chance that your are a crazy psycho" I said. "Now, come on and spit it out whatever you have to tell me. You're kind of scaring me"

He took a deep breath. "Okay, but you might wanna sit down. This is gonna take some time..."