Rei x Reader | Feelings

Rei's P.O.V.

As if you can see right through me, into my heart. Always, out of nowhere, you just show up.

"Sulking again Rei?" (f/n) spoke as she sat down beside me.

"Just nervous. I still can't seem to swim any styles," I say, looking down.

"Awh... I'm sure you can swim one style. You've probably got everything worked out in that huge brain of yours. You just need to work it out with your body," she says.

"I g-guess," I mutter.

"I'm sure you can do it. I believe in you. And I'm sure the team does too," she smiles, patting my shoulder. She leaves the room, leaving me alone once again, reading this book on swimming techniques.

Before I know it, against a screen of bright red clouds, I hear her voice against the black curtain of my closed eyes. Over and over... Again and again... And every time, my heart feels weird...

I want to hear it again, yet I don't want to hear it again...

One more time...

I want to see her, yet I don't want to see her. This kind of feeling... What was it called again? This is probably what I call yearning, I bet.

---
"I told you, you can do it," (f/n) grinned as I got out of the pool.

"Y-Yeah," I took off my goggles taking a good look of her smile, "Thanks (f/n)-san."

"No problem! What are friends for?" She smiles as she hands me a towel to dry.

Friends.

---
"Rei-kun!" A voice called out to me.

"Oh. It's you, (f/n)-san. What is it?" I ask as she approaches me.

"Why were you from Samezuka?" She asks, tilting her head to the side a little.

Shoot. I got busted.

"I-I... I was practicing swimming other styles. Rin-san is helping me. I wanted to surprise the team. Please don't tell them!" I pleaded.

"Uwoh! Can I come see sometime?" She asks, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

"S-Sure I guess," I say and she cheered.

---
A few days passed. (F/n) has been watching me practice at Samezuka. She felt that I was ready to show the team.

"Maybe you could join the other categories!" She suggested.

"There's no way I can do that," I state. "I can only do butterfly better than the other styles," I added.

"Why not? You were swimming fine that that day during practice... Are you afraid?" she looks at me. "There you go again, looking down! We're all afraid, you know, to live up to the expectations," she added.

"Maybe you'll mess up. Maybe they'll reject you. Even so, you grit your teeth and swim anyway. Something compels us... Moves us to do something we love. And you love swimming. Go for it," she smiles, heat rising to my cheeks, sending me a weird feeling.

Everything she says and do, it all sparkles so brightly. It's too blinding for me and I end up closing my eyes. But I can't help aspiring to be determine like you. This feeling again? What was it? Love? Huh... Something as illogical as that... Impossible... Yet, it's happening to me. Maybe... I'll give it a chance.

A/N

This was short m crappy lol. I'll do a sequel probably. I shud do the boy's povs more often •^•

ANYWHOOOOOO it's almost 2 am lol
I'm not best at getting motivation ard this hour. I crave tea for inspiration ;;^;;
Welp
Until next update
See ya
-Syaerin