Starbucks Lovers

Y/N is deaf and meets Lauren at Starbucks. AU

Lauren POV:

It's almost five o'clock which means Y/N should be coming in any minute. Y/N is this girl that comes in everyday after her classes and always orders the same thing, a Nutella frappé, and she sits in the far back drawing on her sketch pad, she's an art major.

She's deaf but I learned sign language just for her, she can read lips but I didn't want her writing everything out when she came in. She was surprised when I started signing to her, the look on her face was priceless.

She's really beautiful and I may like her just a tad bit.

"Your girlfriends here." Dinah, my co-worker/roommate/annoying best friend said as Y/N walked in.

"Shut up." I say hitting her with the rag in my hand as I made my way to the cashier.

"Hey Y/N, the usual?" I signed when she reached the register.

"Yes please." She signed back.

"I'll bring it right over when it's ready."

"Thank you, you like really nice today." She signs and I can't help but blush.

"Thank you, you do too." She smiles and pays for her drink and sits at her usual table.

"What did she say? Why are you blushing so hard?" Dinah asked as I started working on Y/N's drink.

"She said I looked nice."

"Girl she clearly likes you. You wear the same thing everyday. We all do." Dinah says eyeing my outfit that consist of khaki skinny jeans, and a black t-shirt.

"But I make it work." I say flipping my pony tail causing her to roll her eyes.

"Just ask her out so I can start planning the wedding already."

"Shut up. You're so annoying."

"I am the captain of this ship, it is my duty to be annoying." I roll my eyes as I finish up her drink. I walk to her table and see her drawing and I can't help but smile. I gently tap her shoulder, not wanting to startle her.

She looks up and smiles. I set her drink down and I'm about to walk away but she grabs my wrist.

"Do you need anything else?" I ask and she reads my lips, she shakes her head no and just stares at me. I shift uncomfortably under her gaze, once she's done she lets go of my wrist and smiles at me. I give her a sly smile and walk back to the counter confused as fuck.

"What was that about?" Dinah asks once I come back.

"I have no idea." She just hums and continues to make the customers their drinks.

Y/N POV:

I go to Starbucks everyday to relax and work on my drawings... And I'll admit it, I have a not so little crush on the barista with the green eyes, Lauren.

I mean can you blame me? She's freaking gorgeous, and she learned sign language for me for crying out loud! How can you not fall for someone like her?

Her smile is my favourite thing ever. I just wish I knew how she sounded laughing. Or anyone laughing for that matter...

My best friend, and roommate Ally is always annoyings the hell out of me telling me that I should ask her out so we can go on a double date with her and her boyfriend Troy but I can't. I don't know what to say or do. And I don't even know if she likes me. If I ask her and she says no then I'll have to find a new Starbucks to go to and I don't wanna do that, it's right down the street from my apartment. I'd rather admire and draw her from afar.