Chapter Twenty Nine

"My name is Katniss Everdeen. I am 22 years old. I am from district twelve. I am married to Peeta. Peeta loves me. I am pregnant with Peeta's child. He or she is safe. Dahlia is in heaven. She is in a better place. There are no more games. I have nothing to fear."

I repeat the words over and over again as I crouch beside the bed Peeta and I share.  These past few nights I've woken with terrible nightmares, but I try my best to not wake Peeta. His have been even worse. I stand, but only find myself in severe physical pain.

"Ugh." I groan as I position myself comfortably on the bed. It's impossible to fit myself perfectly. My stomach is growing rapidly. I'm only six months pregnant but I feel as if I'm over full term.

I roll over, and accidentally wake Peeta by hitting him with my huge stomach.

"Sorry." I groan.

I don't remember pregnancy being this hard, nor do I remember being so big. I am constantly throwing up, my back pain is terrible, and I feel pressure and pain all the time.
___
I trudge down the stairs, trying to find a way to walk more gracefully, and attempting to get used to this huge belly I will be carrying around for another four months, which will probably get even bigger.

Today is my six month scan. They are just going to check and make sure the baby is healthy, nothing major.

Peeta helps me out the door and into the car, which is nearly impossible to fit in.

"Did you pull the seat all the way back?" I ask Peeta.

"Yes..." He says with a confused look. "I wonder if it will go farther."

"Peeta. It's fine." I say with a laugh. "Let's not break the car door. It's only a short drive to the clinic."

"Okay, okay." Peeta says as he gets in the car. "How are you so big?" He says with a laugh.

"I don't know.." I whisper.

Peeta helps me out of the car, and we walk hand and hand into the clinic. As we walk in, I feel a shooting pain go from my lower abdomen to the top of my stomach.

My breathing becomes more heavy and I cling onto Peeta's hand, my other clenching my stomach. Sweat drips down my face, and I can't take it anymore. I collapse in the middle of the clinic.

People stare, but don't say anything. They don't know what's going on. They just think I'm half crazy.

Peeta crouches next to me and I sob into his chest. He attempts to help me up, asking what feels like a hundred questions a minute.

I stand, but only find myself collapsing again. It's not long until the pain is unbearable. "Call Haymitch. We need to get to a hospital." I say as I grit my teeth.

Peeta picks me up and runs through the door. He doesn't bother getting into the car. He runs full speed to the hospital which is only a block away. The pain continues and I realize what they are.

They're contractions. I'm going into early labor.
__
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please don't forget to read my new story, "life after Mockingjay." Comment what you think of this chapter!