•7• Panic

*Recap*

Tomorrow I'll do your job... With you of course." I replied. "I'll talk to the headmaster about getting class off." He smirked at me.

"Deal."

•♠•

____'s POV‡

‡Headmaster's Office‡
‡After Class‡

I knocked on the door lightly.

"Come in~" Cross called from inside.

"Oh! _____, my dear. What can I do for you?" He asked as I walked in the room. I sat down.

"Um. Headmaster I was wondering.." I started. "Could I by any chance, get classes off tomorrow night so I can patrol with Zero?" Cross stared for a minute.

"Why would you want to do that?" He asked.

"Well, me and Zero are agreeing to try and become friends so I want to try and get to know him.. And I made a bet I could do it." I said fumbling with my fingers. The headmaster smiled.

"Of course, _____. I think you and Zero would be great friends. And he hasn't really been in a great place lately so you could be the one to cheer him up." He said resting his hands under his chin.

"Thank you Headmaster!" I beamed. Cross grinned and opened his drawer. He took out a sash like the one Zero wears.

"Here is your disciplinary committee sash. Wear it over your casual clothes when you go out. Probably best not to wear your uniform." He handed it to me and I put it in my pocket.

"Do you have a weapon or will I have to give you one?" He asked.

"I have a gun." I assured him.

"Okay good." He said standing up.

"You should probably get to bed, _____. You'll need your rest." He ushered me out the door.

"Thank you again, headmaster." I said before he shut the door.

I punched the air in triumph while walking down the hall. I turned the corner and bumped into something. Luckily I caught myself by grabbing onto whatever I bumped into. I looked and saw my silver haired friend.

"Zero? What are you doing?" I said still holding his arm. I looked at his face. His head was down and he was wincing as if in pain. I could hear him hyperventilating.

"Z? Z, look at me." I stood in front of him and grabbed his hand. He looked to the side. I huffed and grabbed his face and tilted it to mine. His eyes were still closed and he was biting his lip harshly.

"Zero, you need to look at me, okay." I said grabbing his other hand. He slowly opened his eyes to look at mine. They were red.

"Okay, you need to breathe." I felt his hands grip mine tighter as he inhaled sharply. I unclenched his hands.

"____? Zero?" I turned to see that headmaster was looking at us.