•12• Vulnerable

‡Recap‡

"Thank you Zero." I leaned up to kiss his cheek. He blushed.

"Yeah, yeah.."

HI.

OFF TOPIC BUT I JUST LOOKED AT THE DATE (OCTOBER 27TH WHEN IM WRITING THIS) AND I REALIZED I FORGOT ZERO'S AND ICHIRU'S BIRTHDAY. IT WAS THREE DAYS AGO. LIKE WHAT THE HELL? //UGH!//

•♠•

I felt my eyes shoot open and I bit my tongue to stop myself from screaming. I felt something shuffling in the bed beside me but I ignored it and gripped onto the sheets.

"_____?" A slightly groggy voice called. I whimpered in response, tears beginning to stream down my face.

"____, what's wrong?" I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes to be met with a familiar pair of lavender hues.

"Zero.." I squeaked. "It hurts.." I grabbed onto his shirt, wincing at the intense pain in my side. I felt Zero lean over me to try and see what was wrong.

"Its one of the tubes." He spoke. "You've bent it somehow in your sleep." I groaned.

"Take it out." I squeaked. The pain.. God it was unbearable. I could barely breathe. I had all but bitten clean through my lip at this point. My lip hurt too,  but even with the blood seeping into my mouth, it could not compare to the burning in my abdomen right now.

"What?" Zero sounded overwhelmed.

"Please.. It hurts." I felt him grip the tube before roughly pulling it from my side. A scream tore its way from my throat and I buried my face into his chest.

‡Zero's POV‡

Her body shook as she sobbed violently into my chest. I winced slightly. I had never heard anyone make a noise so heartbreaking. She was in agony.

I don't even know if she was saying words. She just.. Kept screaming. I placed my hand over her wound, quickly seeing that once again, it was bleeding, though not as much as before.

I felt her chest heave as her screams were now replaced by loud, heavy breathing. She whimpered and wrapped her arms around my neck, mumbling something I could not understand.

I was in shock.. I had never seen her in such a state. _____ was strong.. She hated to show any kind of weakness. She was a Pureblood. She was above that. This wasn't _____.

It almost pained me to see her like this. So helpless and vulnerable..

I layed back on the bed, _____ laying on my chest. She clung to the fabric of my now bloody school shirt as she whimpered. Her breathing was beginning to even out now, yet you could still tell she was in pain. I heard her whisper a few words like 'it hurts' or 'I can't' but the rest was just gibberish.

"Zero.." That was the last word I heard from her mouth before she finally began to calm down and fell back asleep.

I don't even know how long I lay there in the dark before I was finally able to get back asleep.