Chapter 6- Potions and Pick-up lines

~Previously on That Black...~

Fred's expression morphed from a goofy grin to an angry and jealous one.

"What are you two doing here?" He sneered.

--------------------------------------------------

Tears swell up in your eyes but you hold them back. Amaria smirks happily at your face. George looks too ashamed to look back.

Fred finishes buttoning his shirt and pushes you away as he opens the door and strides away.

George opens his mouth to say something but thinks better of it. Amaria lazily waves her wand and her tie tightens around her collar.

With one last sneer towards you, you see her sashay out of the door. You hated it when she sashayed.

You stand still but not for more than a second. You bolt out the door and make your way to the common room.

"(Y/n), wait!" George calls but you just continued running.

<Next day, at breakfast>

You sat with Angelina and Alicia. Not with the twins. Which was peculiar to everyone except you, the twins and Nott.

Speaking of Nott... You glance at the Ravenclaw table to find Fred and Amaria involved in a heated-up snogging session.

Tears swelled up in your eyes. You immediately wiped your eyes on the sleeve of your shirt. You did not want anyone to see you look weak.

After breakfast, Mcgonagall was handing your timetables. When she handed you your timetable, she gave you a sympathetic smile and your timetable.

Of course. Potions. Your first class had to be Potions. You slowly trudged to the dungeons.

"(Y/N)! Wait up!" You spin around to see Wood. You were in no mood to talk to any one of the opposite gender today.

"What is it, Wood?" You ask. Which sounded more like a sneer. You cringe as he looks confused. What am I, Amaria? you quickly apologise, "I'm sorry. I'm just in a bad mood. What is it that you want?"

"Ohh... Umm... Have you seen Fred? I wanted to speak to him about the Quidditch practices. I told George today during breakfast. But Fred.-" He
stops, shaking his head."-he seemed preoccupied." He finished with a disgusted look.

"I am sorry. I haven't seen him. In fact I've not even talked to him either. We aren't exactly in speaking terms at the moment..." You say.

"Oh! I didn't know that! If I did-"

"Its okay. I need to get to Potions. You know what Snape's like." You say.

You enter the Potions classroom. You look around the room. You mentally thanked Merlin that Ravenclaws weren't there. Only Gryffindors and Slytherins. You've always had potions with the Slytherins.

You scan the room to see which all seats are free. Today your options were:-

1) Adrian Pucey: Slytherin. Kinda hot but not your type. Major flirt. Player. Total creep.

Or

2) Lee Jordan: Gryffindor. Your friend. Okay dude. Sits right behind twins.

Now this was a tough decision... You look at Pucey, who is giving you a sly smile and a not-so-attractive wink while patting the seat next to him. You look at Lee, who doesn't acknowledge you but Fred does. He gives you a disgusted look and turns back to face Lee.

What was his problem? Just because you and George walked into him and Amaria snogging, didn't mean that he could just sneer at you and ignore you!

"We will be studying about the Draught of Living Death. You will find the instructions on page 657." Snape says entering. He was one of those teachers who would not like you because of NO LEGIT LEGAL REASON!

"What are you doing standing around like that, Ms. Black?" he sneers while the Slytherins snicker.

"Sorry, sir." you say taking the seat closest to you which was next to Pucey. Pucey puts on a smug grin as you settle down.

"Are those space pants? Cause your arse is out of this world." He whispers into your ear. You scowl and walk to the cupboard to grab the supplies for the potion.

You take the ingredients and go to yours and Pucey's table. As you powder the asphodel roots, Pucey whispers, "I've been searching everywhere in the Fields of Asphodel for you. Then I stopped because I thought I had to search for you in Elysium because you're an angel."

You look at him with a are-you-kidding-me expression.

"You know that's a brilliant uniform but it would look better on my bedroom floor." He says, whispering the last part in your ears. You continued with the potion when-

"Can I enter my basilisk in your Chamber of secrets?" It was time to take measures. You stomp his foot and continue stirring the potion.

"Does your left eye hurt? Because you been looking right all day." This time you punch his stomach and he grunts.

"My wand has chosen you." This time you pull his ear.

"Let me Slytherin your Gryffindoor."

"What are you doing, Pucey!" You whisper-shout so that you won't draw anyone's attention.

"No one, at the moment. But all I want to do is you." He whispers back.

"Ugh!" You continue stirring as he continues telling more pick-up lines that you ignore.

"Im not wearing an invisibility cloak, but do you think I could still visit your restricted section tonight?"

Ignore.

"You're so hot, even aguamenti couldn't put you out."

Ignore.

"Wow. I did not think 'Accio Hottie' would work."

Ignore.

"Are you interested in making some magic together? My wand is at the ready!"

This was the final straw. You jumped on him and scream-

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF BLOODY MERLIN DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING, PUCEY!"

This had caught everyone's attention. Fred was looking at you like he was looking at an alien. George looked like he had witnessed the Avada Kedavra curse. The Slytherins and Gryffindors were stunned.

After all, you did not lose your temper like this everyday.

Uh-oh! You thought as you saw Snape walking towards your direction.

"50 points from Gryffindor, Ms. Black. I also expect seeing you after class to discuss the detention you will be serving after dinner." Snape says.