Chapter 20- Snape Stirs Up Trouble

Fred pulled up more and more food from out of nowhere but that doesn't stop you from gobbling up all the goodies. Fred coughs nervously.

You stop mid-bite with your mouth half open and your hand half-way to your mouth. Looking at his nervous face, you reluctantly put the food down. "Yes?"

"Umm...I...i-it has been a while," he starts.

"Hmm..." You urge him to continue.

"It has been a while since...ahem... I wanted to ask you..."

"You wanted to ask me...?"

"Would you dance with me?" He blurts.

"Of course! Come on." You beckon, wondering why he was so nervous to ask such a silly question.

You stand up and straighten your uniform. From the corner of your eye, you see Fred hitting his head on the table.

"Is something wrong?" You exclaim.

"No!" Fred then changes his voice. "Let's dance."

Fred waves his wand and music pops out of nowhere. He takes your hand and places it on his shoulders while he holds on to your waist and you spend the rest of the night dancing away.

X---X---Time Travel---X---x

"Yaaaawn..." You try to stifle your sleep along with your yawn and try to concentrate on the first task.

Hermoine, standing next to you, was peeking over the railing to see where Harry disappeared off to.

Ron took a moment to ask you why you were so sleepy.

"I was danc- I mean doing homework until late, last night. Didn't get much-Yaaaawwwn- sleep."

"Homework, huh?" He smirked as if he knew what exactly you did last night.

SWOOOSH!

Everyone cheered with great excitement as Harry sped into the arena and lunged at the golden egg. But you stared at Fred who was collecting money from many students on winning bets.

"You coming, (Y/N)?" Hermione nudged you before leaving.

"Yeaaahh...suree..." You mutter dreamily.

"(Y/N)?" Hermione brings you back to reality.

"Oh yeah... Let's go!" You say unwillingly diverting your eyes from the scene.

You miss Hermione's smirk.

X---X---Time Travel---X---X

You bend over your book.

For this potion, stir exactly seven times clockwise and three times anti-clockwise after adding a sprig of frogweed.

You can't help but glance up. Fred has his sleeves rolled up to his elbows and he was peering at the spider going down Pucey's back.

You chuckle, wishing you could thank him with a kiss.

Snape raises an eyebrow at you like he read your mind. Oops!

You look down to your potion and stir it seven times clockwise, closing your eyes and hoping Snape didn't notice anything. Gulp!

"You were staring at him."

You stop yourself from jumping out of your chair.

Slowly, you look at who spoke from the corner, while stirring the potion three times anti-clockwise.

It was the Beauxbatons girl. Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students often participated during classes though you have no idea why they would want to spend their free time in class.

She smiles at you with her lipstick laden lips. The smile seemed forceful and angry.

"No, I wasn't!" You mutter to her silently, you continue your potion.

She glares at you.

"Maybe a little..." You admit.

Her stony eyes bear into yours.

"Well, a little more..."

She turns away before you catch her expression. Smirking, most likely. Or Snape must be staring.

You look up to see Snape looking at you with a sour look.

You go to the store cupboard to prove that you have no relationship whtsoever with the weird French girl....and to get away from his gaze.

You open the store cupboard and see a sprig of frogweed. Remembering that you needed it for the potion, you take it and hurry back to your seat.

There is already a sprig of frogweed on your table.

You scrunch up your face with curiosity and read the instructions.

For this potion, stir exactly seven times clockwise and three times anti-clockwise after adding a sprig of frogweed.

Uh oh!

BOOM!

"Twenty points from Gryffindor." Snape drawls, waving his wand lazily from his seat. A ragged cloth appears at your table.

You groan as you hit your head on the table just like how your dad used to do in his school days. Hearing this, Snape's lips turn into a crooked smile and then he adds,

"And detention during lunch."