Chapter 25- Draco Goes Loco

"Are you ready?" You hear George yell from outside your door.

You apply a touch of lipstick and take a step back from the mirror.

"I guess so." You say, quietly.

George opens the door, surprised. "Okay, that was fast-woah!"

"Are planning on making Fred jealous or all the other girls at the ball?" He smirks at you after a looking at your dress.

"Haha." You say sarcastically, smiling at George. "Thanks again for... you know, dragging me along."

"I'm happy to! Now, Fred can see what he's missing." He winked.

This time you couldn't help but chuckle along at his words. "Let's get going then! I want to get to the chocolate fountain before someone gobbles all the strawberries up!" You and George leave the room, eager for something sweet.

-x-x-x-(🕗 Travel brought to you by The Three Broomsticks- 'Fly with Time!' )-x-x-x-

A gasp leaves your mouth as you see the Great Hall. The crystal chandeliers, the snow sculptures, the crystal floor. It was magical.

George had hurried to talk to Lee who he spotted immediately at the entrance.

You see that not many had arrived yet. The Durmstrang lads were waiting by the door for their dates and the Beauxbatons students were scattered all around the place- either checking out their reflection on the ice walls or flirting with Hogwarts boys or cowering under Madam Maxime's shadow.

The Hogwarts teachers were all present too.

Dumbledore and Mcgonagall were conversing near the dessert section and you could have sworn you saw the Headmaster sneak a taste at the raspberry and lemon tart.

On the crystal stage, you recognized the Weird Sisters trying out a few tunes, beside whom Filch was grooving to the music with Mrs. Norris cradled in his arms.

You couldn't wait to dance either.

And that's when Fred choose to enter with Angelina clutching his arm and giggling fondly at him.

With tears filled up in your eyes, you run out. All of a sudden, dancing didn't seem possible any more. You didn't want to ditch George, but you didn't want to spoil his night either.

You hurried out to the grounds as fast as your heels would take you.

Sitting on the banks of the Black Lake, you stare at the scene of the giant squid's pink head popping out.

There was so much that had happened in the past week.

"(Y/n)? Are you okay?" You hear George ask from behind you. It was surprising, how fast George noticed your absence.

You hated crying in front of people, you hated speaking to people when you were in sorrow. So, you kept shut.

"Hmm." You mumble, turning away from George.

But when George pulls you into a hug, your tears fall out. And so does your thoughts.

"George, I don't know what to do. Fred has been avoiding me all week long. He asked Angelina out. My dad- never mind. My grades are dropping. I can't concentrate. My mind is only and abosolutly only with your brother. George you don't understand, I love him. A hell lot. But I should have guessed that this wouldn't have ever worked out. We can never be what I want us to be." You cry your heart out.

You feel George look regretfully helpless. "I'm confused too, (Y/N). I don't know what's going in that brain of that doofus." George tries to crack you up. For some reason, it doesn't work this time.

"I-I just wish that once...once my life could be a little problem-free."

"Well, then it wouldn't be life, would it?" George gives another try.

You laugh, but just for him.

"Do you want to go back to the dance?" George asks while slowly wiping away the tears from your eyes.
"Not really. But you have to go on. I saw Katie Bell stealing many looks at you." You smile weakly.

"Really?" His tone is enthusiastic. But not for long. "But...no. I can't leave you alone."

"No." You purposefully make your tone firm. "You should go back. I have some work to look into, anyway." You try to look busy.

"Are you sure?" George looks uncertainly back at you.

"Yes." You stop tears from streaming down your cheeks again.

With a final wave and some worried mutters, George heads back to the Castle.

You stay for a few minutes beside the Black Lake and send pieces of rock rippling into the water and dodge the rocks that the Giant Squid flips back onto the shore.

"Hey, Black." You heard a smooth voice from behind a great tree next to the lake. As you spin around, you see it's none other than your very own cousin.

"What do you want?" You say coldly. "Satisfaction? Well, here you go. My life's as miserable as your mother's face. Will that do?"

You see Draco flinch slightly at your words but he shuts his mouth from retorting back.

"No. I... that's not what I'm here for." He says while settling down next to you.

"Did your girlfriend Parkinson ask you to torment me then?"

You remembered the time in 4th year when Pansy asked Draco to put a mandrake on your bed for her birthday. That was a scream-worthy experience.

"No. I overheard you talking." Draco says, trying his best to ignore your comment.

"Won't be the first time." You shoot back, annoyed at the number of interfering cousins you had.

"I didn't mean to, though!" He said defensively.

"Yeah right." You sarcastically comment.

Draco looks back at you with a confused yet hurt expression. "Really! I-"

You just wanted this to get over. "What do you want?" You interrupt.

"Never mind if that's your attitude. I can do things myself." He looks like he wanted to help you but you were too mean to him.

It wasn't the first time Draco had escaped a conversation with suspense. But this time it was slightly too confusing.

Five minutes pass by but Draco's words were still lingering in your mind. That's when your stomach growls at you.

Ignoring your thoughts, you walk back into the Great hall, just for the food.

-×-×-×(time travel)-×-×-

You were sitting to a corner while the couples were dancing the night away. Captivation by your own thoughts could make you forget what was going on in reality. It were the fights calls and the screams that brought you back.

Being the curious person you are, you walked over to the mass and pushed your way through to know what was happening.

The sight you came across had cleared the "suspense" Draco had left you with.

You were aghast, horrified and speechless. You kept staring at the scene.

The nudge by another curious fellow had gotten you back to your senses. You walked over and pulled an angry Draco away from a bruised up Fred.

"WHAT IN THE WIZARDING WORLD ARE YOU DOING?" You scream at your cousin.