True Love's Awkward First Date, Part 2

Vincent sat waiting at eight o'clock on his doorstep, dressed in a suit with a purple tie around his neck and a bouquet of roses in his hand. He eagerly awaited the sound of the car pulling up, and as soon as he heard it, it took a great deal of self control for him to not just run up. He got up, using his cane to steady himself, and walked over when he heard the car stop.

"Hey Scotty!" Usually his greetings had an air of uncertainty- for all he knew, it could've been a serial killer who just pulled up. But he knew it had to be Scotty. He just knew. He knew this was really happening, he knew he was going on a date with Scott.

"Hey! Oh, wow, roses... looks like we both had the same idea. Great minds think alike."

Vincent ran his hands over the soft petals of the other bouquet he'd been handed and got into the car.

"Heh, yep." He set the roses in the backseat.

The ride to the restaurant was fairly silent, but he didn't mind. It was better than the murmurs and mumbles he heard when he was walking down the street. Blind, purple, and gay. It was a curse.

As they pulled in, Scott helped Vincent out of the car, taking his hand and leading him into the restaurant, holding Vincent's cane in his free hand.

"This is a pretty nice restaurant... they have everything. It has lights hung up everywhere, and tiny chandeliers above each table, and a fountain in the center, covered in coins from probably every country in the world..."

Vincent smiled, appreciating how Scott took the time to describe everything around him. It made him feel less lost, less alone in his own dark, uninviting world.

Vincent smiled again as they sat down at their booth and the waiter asked what they wanted to drink. Scott just ordered a water, what with him being the designated driver. Vincent had no clue what kind of margarita the waiter had offered him, he just knew he was getting some crazy margarita. When asked about food, Scott simply said "surprise us", and Vincent nodded. Not like he could read the menu anyways.

"Woah, crazy drink." Vincent heard the clatter of a margarita glass being set on the table. "It has sparklers coming out of it!"

"Well then, I can't wait to try it." He took a sip, the sparklers sizzling by his ears. It was both sour and fruity at the same time, but it was a good kind of sour. "Woah..."

"You like?" He heard the clatter of the plates next. "... well, that was fast. Yours is spaghetti."

Vincent picked up a forkful. It was no toast, but it was delicious. He lost track of time, not remembering ordering margarita after margarita, not remembering climbing into Scott's car again at the end of the night.

He did, however, remember being just buzzed enough to give Scott a long, drunken kiss at the end of their date.

"Goodnight, handsome~" he purred, and then fell out of the car.