You're Not Alone

Vincent woke up suddenly, jolting up in bed and suppressing a scream. He'd had a vivid dream, a dream in full color and picture, which was a rather rare occurrence for him.

He and Scott were in a car, driving. And Vincent somehow knew that in this dream, he could see. He looked around to see the bright city scenery rushing by him. He knew the song on the radio: Anna Sun by WALK THE MOON.

"Oh, Vinny suuuun~" Scott teased.

"Shut up." Vincent said with a laugh.

They kept listening to the song and watching the sky on the nearly deserted streets as they came to an intersection.

"God, Scott, I love you so much."

"I love you too, Vin..." Scott eased his foot of the brake and onto the gas, and mere moments later, a car rammed into the side of them with great speed.

He couldn't help but start sobbing. Scott was in Mahogany's position, in that dream. That was the exact car crash that had caused him to go blind. It hasn't happened exactly like that, what with the song and the 'I love you's. But it'd happened at an intersection, and they'd been T-boned by a drunk driver.

Scott must've heard, as he burst into the room. "Vincent?"

Though it must've seemed childish, Vincent made tiny grabby motions with his hands, wanting Scott to come over.

"Vince, what's wrong?" He took Vincent's hands in his own.

"T-the crash..."

"Oh..." Scott knew about the crash, of course. Everyone did.

"B-but... it was you in the car... n-not Mahogany, and... I-I'm scared... I-I-"

"Vin..." He took Vincent's hands and brought them slowly to his own face. Vincent's hands slowly ran through his soft hair, moving and feeling every part of Scott's face down to the slight amount of stubble on his chin.

Scott placed his hands gently overtop Vincent's. "I am never going to leave you in the dark."