Save Me

"... Scott?"

Vincent had been living with Scott for a week now. He didn't really have a good reason for not going back to his house, actually. Scott had never offered to take him back, and besides, it wasn't so bad here. He really loved it here, honestly.

But now, again, that feeling of dread was starting to sink in.

Ever since the accident, he'd only felt like a burden on everything else. Everything had to be accessible to him, he needed to be told where to go and what to do and how to do it. He had a feeling nobody wanted him around. He heard them. The sighs and grumbles as he searched for the right money to pay for something, the whispers as he walked with his cane. As unfair as it was, the world wasn't made for people like him.

And then came Scott, who became Vincent's guardian angel, in a way. He was willing to make the world a bit more manageable. He didn't care how long things took. But still, that seed of doubt took root in his mind and grew, and it stubbornly stayed, its thorns piercing into every nook and cranny of his mind. And now he was here, trying to get Scott to understand what went on inside his mind. Past the blindness, there was a person, with problems like anyone else.

"Yeah Vincent?" Scott plopped down on the comforter on the bed, putting his hand on Vincent's shoulder to let him know where he was.

"I... I'm sorry." As much as Vincent always had an urge to apologize to everyone, he had to admit that it was a crummy way to start a conversation.

"Sorry for what? You didn't do anythi-"

"Scott, no, y-you don't understand... I... I really... I can't keep doing this to you. I just can't... it's too much. It's too much to ask for me to have someone like you, I don't deserve this. You take care of me, you let me stay at your house after I pass out in the middle of our date, you take the time to be my eyes..."

"No, Vincent, you don't understand. I'm doing this because I want to. I... I really care about you, Vincent."

"I don't understand..."

"Here. Maybe this'll help."

And with that, Scott pressed his lips to Vincent's in a passionate kiss.