Kleur

With paperwork completed, Vincent was once again sitting in the passenger seat of Scott's car, with one hand in Scott's as they drove. His eyes were still covered by bandages; Scott had said he wanted to surprise him. He hummed along to whatever was on the radio, barely able to contain his excitement, counting down the minutes, then the seconds...

Finally, the car pulled into a parking lot, and the passenger side door was opened for him. Scott helped him out of the car, and over to some sort of paved clearing. He kissed his forehead, then moved around behind him, hands on the back of the bandages. "Ready?"

Vincent sighed, almost shacking in anticipation. "As ready as I'll ever be."

In a swift motion, Scott tore away the bandages. For a few moments, everything was black, and fear hit Vincent like a ton of bricks. It hadn't worked, and it'd all been for nothing... what would Scott say? 

But slowly, light began to permeate the darkness, and the image of a park came into view. People sat on benches, flowers and trees grew along either side of the path on which he was standing, and a few feet away was a large fountain erected from marble. It was all in color, and right there for the taking. Vincent had to widen his eyes to take it all in, it seemed. But such a splendor wasn't meant to be kept to himself, and he ran about, laughing and shouting.

"Oh my god... Scott, look at the flowers! Look at the petals! A-and the trees! And all the leaves, a-and... oh my god, is that what purple looks like? I forgot what purple looks like!" He was almost crying from happiness as he ran over to the fountain, putting his hands on the smooth marble surface and looking at the reflection.

The man in the water stared back at him. He wore all purple, and had hair the same color as his clothes. His skin was a dark sort of color, and his eyes were brown and a bit cloudy and distant-looking. Below his eyes were small scars, but he didn't care. They were just more proof that this was real.

He turned around then, looking at Scott. The man waved sheepishly at him, grinning. He had brown hair that came to about the middle of his neck, and stubble along his chin. Vincent took shaky steps over, smiling, on the verge of the tears coming again. "A-and... and you..." He reached out and touched his face; Scott put his hand over Vincent's own. "S-Scott, I... t-thank you..."

He pulled the man into a kiss. He'd made it. They'd made it. Together.