Leaving Chapter 2

I always worried and stressed about my life with everything that happened but seriously now that I don't have cancer it is like a weight being lifted off my shoulders. I can't change my past but now that my future has changed and I don't have to worry that I could drop down dead at any moment is the biggest relief.

Joe and I leave the Hospital after signing out and walk home through the town and out into the town park. It is the last few days of Autumn and a blustery autumn evening it was. We walk through the park hand in hand discussing life when the question pops up 'are you ready to move in soon?' I feel like I have just swallowed all of my teeth. Not because I don't want to it's just nerve racking to think that I'm going to be living away from my dad after 23 years with some boy I have only known for 4 years.

I try to find my words when I eventually do I say "Yeah."

"You don't seem very excited. Why?" Joe asks.

"It's not that I'm not excited it's just weird that I'm going to be away from home and living with you."

"Is there something wrong with me? Emma you don't need to be worrying I'm not a ax murderer or anything. You will be safe with me, trust me. Okay?"

"I know."

Joe laughs. It is one of the most beautiful autumn nights I have come across. With bitter air, warm coloured leaves blowing around and the deep blue sky as the sun is setting; the only light is the yellow dim that comes from a street light you pass every once in a while. I love autumn not because of it's beauty but because it's the only season of my life when nothing bad happened.

"Do you want to stay round mine tonight?" I ask Joe.

"Nah don't worry about it I'm going to catch the train back to London."

"Seriously! You came all this way just to come to some pointless doctors appointment with me and your not even going to stay over night!"

"Hey! It was not a pointless doctors appointment. That appointment was more important to me that it was to you... it probably wasn't."

I laugh. "Do you want me to come to the station with you then?"

"If you want, I have a return ticket so we won't have to queue for hours."

When we arrive at the station to head back to London one of my subscribers notices me and comes running up to talk to me and give me a hug. Her name is Laura she seemed really sweet and it was her 17th birthday so she came to Manchester with her family for the day and they were heading back to London too. She freaked out more when she saw Joe seeing as he has a amazing YouTube channel as well. She took a selfie with him... well she actually took quite a few ones with them both smiling, funny faces, hugging, holding hands and the last one was her kissing him on the cheek. That really did quite annoy me I don't know why shes just a fangirl. But it's just the thought that the first kiss Joe gets today is by some stranger and not his girlfriend. (I know I'm over reacting)

When she leaves Joe and I are left by our selves again. It was silent and felt really awkward but we soon forgot about it. Joe and I aren't really that romantic we treat our selves more as friends than a couple.

We were waiting on the platform for the train to come just talking about things when we move in together. Joe's train pulls up.

"I'll catch you later yeah?" Joe says standing up and giving me a hug.

After seeing him being kissed by one of our subscribers I really want to treasure this moment so I hold onto the hug for a little longer.

"Yeah, when shall we next meet up?" Still hugging him.

"Uhh I don't know I will text you to let you know when I'm next free."

"Okay" I say burrowing my head into his shoulder "I love you."

"I love you more Bibz (that's what he calls me), but you do know this isn't the end I'm going to see you in like a few days."

"I know I know but I really love you."

He pulls us out of the hug and we stare into each others eyes. We kiss and then he runs off to get to the train. After waving him off I walk back through the park to my house that isn't going to be my house for long.

End of Chapter 2.