Part 2 Niomi Chapter 10

At 8:30 I answer the door to my Best Friend Niomi Smart. A gorgeous blonde haired girl who is the most caring friend I could have and who stuck by me when I was in hospital. We were sisters. I used to have long brown hair and she always styled it like hers. We always used to do half marathons together but now obviously not anymore.

"Hello babe, how are you?" She asks.

"I'm alright, it was quiet in this house and I felt so lonely so I'm glad you came."

"Awh no worries. Me and Ryan had a bit of a falling out though."

"Oh my god! Come over here and tell me." We went over to the sofa and settled down, legs crossed with a cushion on our laps, facing each other. "Okay begin."

(N-Niomi and E-Emma)

N- "So basically, obviously me and Ryan have been dating a few months now and I thought it was all going well until he pointed out that I bring Marcus up a lot and that showed that I still wasn't over him."

E- "Right."

N- "And of course Ryan has a really short fuse and started shouting and saying we should break up because I'm not over Marcus."

E- Aw Mi I'm sorry."

N- "It's not your fault. We aren't technically broken up yet, we're just... just having some space." She says picking at her nails. "Actually I have something for you. It's not much but..." She rummages through her bag and pulls out a beanie saying Bad Hair Day. "Here you go, it's ironic you know but I thought it was cute."

E- "Awh thank you! I like this, my colour as well!"

N-"I just thought while your hairs growing back you could have a new beanie for a while."

E-"Thank you. I'm still on medication just to make sure that the tumor doesn't come back and stays away."

N-"I'm proud of you Em. Not just being a survivor but battling everything else too."

I start to blush.

Niomi gets up to make tea. She opens the cupboard and sees all of these bottles and seringes and cups and any medicine you can think of. "Which one do you have now?"

"The purple ones, the Vincristine."

"Got them!" She says bringing a cup of tea and the pills. Then going back for her tea.

After a few hours we head off and go to bed. I climb into the bed and roll into the middle inhaling Joe's pillow. It takes a while for me to fall asleep but when I do I had the most relaxing sleep I've had in a while.

We woke up late the next morning and didn't do anything for the whole day. We just filmed a few videos, made cookies, edited and had a full on game of The Walking Dead me trying to teach Niomi how to play.

"Come on! Press the circle! No that's 'X'! The circle Mi, the circle, no come back over here!"

"You do it then!" I took the control and did what she could not.

"Easy."

"I can't do this. You play I'm gonna go get pizza." She said standing up and putting her shoes on. "What do you want?"

"Please can I have something with vegetables on."

"I'll see what I can get." And then she's out of the door and down to Pizza Express.

My laptop starts to ring. Joe's calling me.

I jump with excitement and answer the call. (J-Joe and E-Emma)

J-"HEY!"

E-"Hiya, how are you?"

J-"Very tired but that is because it's like seven in the morning."

E-"Awh, yeah. Niomi is here she's just gone out for pizza."

J-"What have you been up to then?"

E-"Nothing really we just have been lazing around."

J-"Fair enough. It has been like a day and I already miss you!"

E-"Ha, yeah I miss you too but last night I slept so well. How's Caspar?"

J-"He's alright I think but I think Jet lag has already got to him. He  is still asleep."

We talked for a really long time about the weirdest things I kind of forgot about Niomi for a little while.

"I just don't see how you fell for someone like me." I said taking off my beanie.

"I didn't fall for you because of your looks or your background you know. It's your personality."

"Yeah but what I don't get is there plenty more girls out there that don't have cancer and you chose me. Someone who's skinny, bald, a puffy face, someone who could break your heart."

"I believe that everyone should have a chance, and I gave you one. And now look you don't have leukemia any more so we can have an even happier future now."

"You're a therapist now." I said.

"What?"

"Ask Caspar."