Part 2 Alone Chapter 9

The house falls silent.

I sigh. "Alone.."

The door bell rings. I open it an this very hunky man is standing there with a clip board.

"Hello, Sunside Removal." He says.

"Oh yeah hello." I say signing the clipboard.

Four other men come in behind him with huge boxes, going in and out. Finally everything is in the house and they removal men have left.

I unwrap the sellotape and bubblewrap from the furniture. I walk slowly over to my boxes and pick them up to take over to my bedroom.

I open the door with my foot and go in. It smells like Joe; his aftershave, his deodorant, his hair stuff, him. I drop the boxes on to the bed and start  unpacking. I hang my clothes up in my wardrobe and place all my other bits around the room. I try and figure out what side of the bed Joe sleeps on. He usually sleeps on the right. So I go to the left side and put my shoes under the bed. I never realized how many shoes I had: Nikes, Converse, boots, heels, Vans, pumps. Literally any shoes for any time.

I then go back across the hall and take out two monitors, a keyboard, two mice and a computer. It takes me a while to set this all up on the desk and by the time I have finished setting my little office area up it's quarter past seven.

Instead of getting Nando's I go check the fridge. There's some vegetables and chicken so I whip up a stir fry and tuck in. I think about calling Joe but I can't if he's on a plane, so instead I think about him.

I think about his smile the way it curls up at the sides, his hair how it's so soft and how it sits on top of his head, his hands how they are big but not too big and as he would say Thatchers Thumbs, his skinny legs and how we had a huge conversation about leg sizes, his blue eyes that make you melt all the time, his six pack with no explanation, his little moles over his body that makes him him and his stubble when he wakes up in the morning and there's these little blond hairs that I like to run my fingers across.. which reminds me I'm not waking up next to him for a while.

After I've eaten I wash up and go back to the bedroom and finish unpacking in there. I grab my towel and some PJ's and go take a shower.

My phone starts to ring. I rush to it thinking it may be Joe or Caspar to let me know how they are getting on but obviously it's not. Instead it's Niomi. My bestfriend on YouTube and ever!

"Hiya!" I say down the phone.

"Hello Gorgeous! How are you?"

"I'm okay. Just settling in at the Joma Cave."

"The Joma Cave?"

"Yeah that's what I said when Joe said that. Its our little ship name."

"That's cute. Do you like the house then?"

"Yeah I actually do. He picked out a nice apartment. But as he has gone away I'm a little bit lonely..." I say the tone of my voice going up.

"Do you want me to come round?" Niomi says in a little pity voice.

"Yeah please!"

"Haha okay I'll be there at 8:30"

"Yeah feel free to stay over night, I've got time."

"Yeah that's cool I will catch you in a while Babe."

"Alright see yah!"

I hung up and went into the spare room to make a bed in their. For when Niomi comes.