Home Chapter 3

When I reach home I can smell my dad cooking pasta. I don't really like pasta so while he is dishing up is dinner I make chicken salad. If I'm honest with you I'm a lot healthier than my dad, if he could he would have pizza and fish 'n' chips everyday which I do not let him have because I don't want to have a barrel as a father.

He asks about the blood test and I tell him that I'm clear so after dinner he decides to make lemon moose to celebrate (which is my favorite dessert ever!)

After I have had dinner and spent some time with dad I head upstairs to make sure most things are packed and organized for Friday night when dad takes me over to London. Almost all of my furniture is either going to be put in storage or is going to be left at this house because the flat Joe and I have picked out is only big enough for a few bits of furniture.

I texted some friends to see if they wanted to go out for the night as I'm not going to see them that much more when I move. Nobody was free to meet up tonight so I said that we should meet up when I have settled in a bit at London. They all agreed.

Seeing as I had nothing to do tonight I did what any YouTuber would do... browse the internet. I went on Twitter and Facebook and saw what fun all my friends and family were doing and then just checked out my subscriptions on YouTube. I tried FaceTiming Joe multiple times but he didn't answer the call so presumed he was still on the train with bad connection.

When I looked up at the clock it was quarter past eleven so I decided to say good night to dad, shut my laptop down and get ready for bed. I went into my bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth. Finally climbed into my soft fresh smelling bed (I think dad washed it) and fell asleep.

I woke up at twenty past ten the next morning and got into my Nike pro leggings, Roshe trainers, and a old t-shirt to go running in. I did my usual route around my local park and run back home to do my warm down and exercises. I can't run for long seeing as I get tired really easily (stupid Cancer) It's a bitterly cold day so when I got through the front door I put one of Joe's hoodies on to keep warm and made some porridge for dad and I.

After breakfast I went upstairs for a shower and got dressed in to some black jeans, a t-shirt, switched beanies, and wore the hoodie I was previously wearing. My cousin Ellie called me to ask if I wanted to go out to lunch with her and I said yes just to catch up because I haven't spoken to her for ages. I asked to meet her outside Hollister at twelve o' clock so we could do a bit of shopping and then get some lunch.

I started to get ready to go I sorted out some essentials in my bag, started a Vlog, put my Vans on and I was ready to go out the door. I did what I said and met Ellie outside Hollister and we went of to Five Guys for lunch. I ordered a hot dog and grape Fanta and she ordered a hamburger and Appleaid. While we were eating lunch she told me about her life at University and that shes studying drama and biology. I told her that I'm moving tomorrow and that I'm clear from cancer. When I told her I don't have cancer anymore, her jaw dropped so far it almost went in to her drink. She was so pleased and said I should have called her the minute I was told.

After lunch we went to do a bit of shopping and by a bit I mean a lot. I probably shouldn't have bought anything because I am moving but I couldn't resist. We went into Cargo and I bought a few pillows and throws for the flat and a little lamp that is just white and silver. And I finally updated my IPhone 5 to the IPhone 6s which I was so excited about. Ellie bought some clothes and girly things like makeup and shoes but I didn't buy those things because 1 I have enough and 2 they will take up a lot of space in the new house and in packing.

Ellie and I had been in town well over three hours so we said goodbye and good luck and we went home.

When I got back home I did one last final check on everything making sure things were nicely and carefully packed and put any boxes of old things in the attic or in the hallway ready to be taken to storage, recycled or thrown out.

"Dad?" I shouted down the stairs.

"Yes" He shouted back.

"Please can you come with me to take these things to the storage unit."

"Why can't you do it on your own?"

"What a dad, you're so kind!" I joked.

There was a moment of silence and I then heard him burst out laughing I joined him I don't know why it was actually not that funny but it is nice to know how ever far away you are from people you love you can still have a laugh.

Dad still joined me to take the rest of my things over to the storage unit. When we got there my new phone went of in my jean pocket it was a text from Joe saying;

"Where are you? x"

I was very confused why he would be asking where I was so I replied "Why do you need to know? Xx"

I waited for a reply for a few minutes but I didn't get one so we just did what we came for and put the boxes in my storage unit. On our way back we jammed out to some Red Hot Chile Peppers in the car (my choice as usual) and stopped at Starbucks for a coffee I got a pumpkin spice latte and dad got a cinnamon mocha. We sat down in the window seat sipping our drinks when I got another text from Joe.

"I want to see you. x"

I replied back "No sorry I'm with dad today. Why would you want to come and see me I'm seeing you tomorrow. Is it important?"

My phone went off as soon as I put it on the table it was a reply from Joe again."No."

I just decided to leave it I didn't know why he was asking me where I was and that he wanted to see me so I just ignored it.

When I got back home I went upstairs to get into some comfy clothes it was just some old jogging bottoms and a old t-shirt with my famous and favorite fluffy socks. I opened my laptop and saw I had 4 missed calls from Joe. I think he has something important to say so I call him back on FaceTime and he answers immediately with a very sad expression.