Chapter 5

Dandy left to go to the freak show. He has been gone for what seems like forever.I was completely bored for the first time while I have been in his presence. I had done everything possible to entertain myself. I had showered,modeled some dresses,did my hair,did my makeup,helped the maid make cookies, and helped the maid clean.I laid on Dandy's bed waiting for him to return. I sat there in silence just watching out the window and soon sleep overcame me. When I woke up it was dark outside. Out of habit I rolled over to Dandy's side to meet his warm embrace. But I was greeted with cold sheets. I looked at the small clock on the table. It was 12:30 am. I knew that This was not normal at all I began to cry. I cried and cried until my eyes wouldn't water anymore. I heard the front door open and I ran out of his room. At the end of the stairs was Dandy and a large man in a bloody grimy clown suit. I stepped back in fright.Dandy turned to face me and saw my red swollen eyes and tear tracks down my face. He rushed up the stairs to my side."Darling whats wrong?" he asked I just began to cry.Dandy picked me up and carried me back to his bed.He changed my clothes and sat me on the bed. "tell me whats wrong" he spoke soft with worry in his voice. "I thought you had left me" He laughed softly "darling I will never leave you" "you promise?" I spoke like a child. "I promise" he said grabbing my small pinky. "My love, you will need to stay here while me and my friend take care of some business" I knew what "business" was. Dandy don't get caught I spoke in a scolding voice. He pecked my lips and left the room. I laid back on the cold bed and drifted off to sleep.