Once More [SHINee]

Wrapping the scarf tighter around her face, Mira looked around until she spotted a nice covered seat on one of the sides of the park. The floor beneath her feet was slightly slippery thanks to the thin layer of ice that had formed due to the past night's rain, and she moved carefully, trying her best to avoid the frozen spots.

As soon as she could sit down, she took her phone out of her pocket and saw that she had arrived 10 minutes earlier than expected and that Kibum probably wouldn't appear for a moment, and taking a deep breath she started to go through the last few pictures of him that remained untouched. It had been about two weeks since they had broken up after almost two years of dating; it had been her decision, but she couldn't get the disappointment and sadness he had shown off her mind before she left the apartment they shared to move in with her best friend for an undetermined amount of time.

The faces looking back at her from the little screen seemed far happier than she remembered, and wondering how much of it had been faked the thought of deleting them once more crossed her mind, but for some reason she still hadn't found she couldn't get herself to do it. His eyes were bright and deep, and it was as if his smile lit up the whole picture.

She felt the tears well up in her eyes before someone touched her left shoulder, making her jump in surprise; turning around, she saw a grinning Kibum standing behind her, one hand behind his back as if he was hiding something. "Kibummie," she said as she got up and walked to his side, "I'm glad you came."

"No problem," he answered as he wrapped his arms around Mira quickly just so she couldn't see what he was holding. He held her tight, as if trying to keep her together. "You know I'm always here for you, noona. Now, close your eyes," he added as he pulled away. "I have a surprise for you." With a chuckle, she closed her eyes and waited; Kibum grabbed her hand and placed what seemed like a long, rectangular box on it, and immediately recognizing what it was she opened her eyes.

As she looked at the box of chocolates on her hand, her favourite brand too, she felt an immense wave of gratitude, and she hugged her friend tightly before locking her arm with his. "I'm sure you already know what happened by now," she said as they started walking. "I wanted to talk with you because I know you're the only one that could possibly understand what happened."

"Jinki hyung told me what you told him, and although I highly doubt he would lie to us I just wanted to check," Kibum replied, a big smile on his face appearing as he watched some kids playing with the water puddles on the pavement and just having fun. "Is it true you left because he supposedly had someone else on the side?"

Mira thought about it for a moment while looking down at her feet and then said, "Well, a little bit, but I also felt like, even if that wasn't the case, he just... wasn't being the same. We were not as close anymore, or at least that's what it seemed like to me."

"Did you ever think about asking him what was going on?"

"I never really figured out a way to make it less awkward," she admitted. "But if we weren't really happy, then what was the point?"

He said nothing for a while as they approached a small bench on the middle of the park, and despite it usually was a crowded spot she noticed there were not many people around; sitting down, she started playing with the tips of her scarf. "Well, with the other guys we visited him the other day, and let me tell you, it wasn't a nice thing to see.

"He seemed awful, there was a bunch of junk food scattered around his house, and things smelled funny, but we said nothing and still acted as if nothing had happened, when Taemin said something about you, just a small comment. Jinki-ssi heard your name and for a moment he seemed to light up only to break down in tears. It was bad, slightly uncomfortable, and tremendously sad.