Advantages [iKON/Jinhwan]

The new message in her phone woke her up from the longest sleep she had managed to get in days; lazily opening her eyes, Kyungyeon tried to find her phone on her bedside table, but when she wasn't able to find it she felt forced to sit up to look for it on the bed before noticing it lying on the floor. Yawning and coughing a little bit, she picked it up and turned on the screen, seeing that the text was from her long-time friend and crush, Jinhwan.

Good afternoon, sleepyhead, it read, can you open the door? I'm right outside.

"Afternoon?" she asked herself out loud, and when she saw it was 3 pm she jumped right out of bed, almost hitting the bedside table with her knee. Using the mirror in her room and putting on a sweater just so she could hide the fact that she wasn't wearing a bra, she tried her best to make herself look like she wasn't asleep mere moments ago, but to no avail. It wasn't the first time he saw her in one of her worst fashion moments or sick, so it didn't bother her at all anymore.

He seemed as lively as always, dressed casually and wearing a black facial mask. "You look terrible, noona," he said as soon as she opened her apartment's door, joking about her appearance. "Here," entering the place and handing her a plastic bag he was carrying, a smile appeared on his face. "I've bought this so I can take care of you today. Can you take it to the kitchen while I go to the bathroom for a moment?"

Eyeing the things he had brought, Kyungyeon saw there were lots of vegetables and chicken, and just as he started to walk away she said, "Hey, only in your dreams I'm a noona; I only have a cold, it's not a big deal."

Without even listening to her, he made a V-sign before disappearing through the hallway. Tch, she thought, this kid never changes. Putting the stuff on the fridge and resting for a moment on the couch, she sneezed loudly, earning a laugh from Jinhwan as he came back, scaring her. "Not a big deal, huh?" he said sarcastically. "Come on, let's get you to your room; I want you to lie down again while I make lunch, or dinner, or whatever you call it at this time of the day."

"I don't want to be on bed again, I was sleeping all night already."

"Yet you're still sick, right?" he wasted no time in picking her up bridal style, shocking her; grabbing his shirt as tight as possible and wondering how did he get so strong, she heard him say as he made his way towards her bedroom, "Come on, Yeonnie, I'll bring you the food and then we'll talk about everything you've missed yesterday. You won't believe the prank I pulled on Chanwoo!"

It had only been a few days since they had last seen each other, but she found it amazing how much she had missed him. "Jinhwan?" she muttered as he set her down and hummed in response, "Thank you for coming today." For a moment Kyungyeon thought she had seen a faint red tinting his cheeks but he turned around as fast as he could, making her smile.

"Don't... don't even mention it, yeah? It's what friends would do." It felt as if he was having a hard time saying that, but she let it slip and didn't think too much of it; he walked back out of the room quickly, not even saying another word. Slipping into bed, she hugged her pillow as tight as she could, her mind only filled with Jinhwan now, and as absorbed in her thoughts as she was she didn't even notice she had fallen asleep again.

-

It was already night when Kyungyeon opened her eyes, the faint smell of food reaching her nostrils in no time.

Rubbing her eyes and reaching for her phone to check the time, she saw it was already 9 pm, and letting out a small groan as she stretched a little bit, she moved to a side until she remembered that her friend had been there not long ago. Guess he left without saying goodbye, she thought, much to her disappointment, and she felt herself tear up a little bit. Turning around, she almost screamed when her arm touched something that was lying next to her; squinting, she could see a silhouette also covered with the sheets.

"Jinhwan?" was all she dared to mutter, and when she didn't get a response she tried again, a little bit louder. "What are you doing?" It was then that he turned around, wrapping an arm around her waist in his sleep, and in the dark she could make out his face calmly sleeping. Too surprised to even move, all she could do was sigh as she reached out to him, caressing his hair and making him flinch at the touch. "You're an idiot," she whispered.

The warmth from his body made her shiver a little bit; deciding that she would be a fool too if she didn't take the chance, she carefully moved closer to him, placing her head on his bare chest and closing her eyes once more. It was only then that he muttered something before gasping, lifting his arm but putting it around her again. "So, you've felt me here," he said slowly while drawing small circles on her back. "I'm glad I've done this, then. I was wondering if I would ever get the courage."

The softness of his fingers massaging her skin along with the sound of his heartbeat were making her feel sleepy rather quickly, but the doubt was bigger. Slowly, she wrapped an arm around his waist as well, making him flinch a little bit. "Hey there, Jinhwannie," she whispered against him.

"You're awake!? I'm so sorry Kyungyeon, I didn't know."

The panic present in his now loud voice made her smile and hold him tighter as he tried to push her away. No matter how much he struggled, there was no way she would let him go that easily; it took him a few more tries to realize it was all for nothing, and as he calmed down he sighed as he added, "I'm really sorry if I scared you, I... I was just taking a nap, and I-"

"There's no need for you to explain yourself," she cut him off, caressing his arm up to his nape and placing a small kiss on the spot over his heart. "I like it like this, with you besides me." There wasn't a single trace of shyness in her, or at least it didn't feel like that at all; she knew they were best friends, and that no matter what their bond wouldn't be affected.

Taking a deep breath, he thought for a moment before holding her tight, burying his face on her neck. "Do you really like it?" he asked, and she only hummed in an affirmative way. "Well then, let's enjoy it." There was a certain hesitation on his voice as he spoke, and Kyungyeon could only wonder what it was about. "I only hope it's not a dream."

"If it is, then I won't let it end."

They stood there, just holding each other in the dark, until he decided to say something again. "Kyungyeon? I don't know if I should tell you this now, but..." he waited for a moment, his heartbeat faster than ever, and then continued. "I love you."

The words seemed to reach her brain with a little bit of delay. An immense joy travelled through her body, from her toes to her hair, and even in the dark she could tell they were both smiling like idiots. She had waited for so long, and even if it wasn't how she had dreamed it would be, it felt as if it was even better than whatever she could've imagined.

"I love you too, my Jinhwannie."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's my first ever oneshot with a member from iKON, it wasn't until I started writing it that I also started to wonder why I hadn't written anything about them yet :c but yeah, this is finally here! I hope you like it and thank you for reading! ♥