Wild Boy [Block B/Zico]

It had been at least 2 hours since she had left the last motel she could afford. There was nothing else __________ could've wanted in that moment than owning a car, or at least a bicycle, so she wouldn't have to wander around like a lost lamb. She had run away from her house a month ago, away from her abusive family, away from all the bad memories residing there, away from her past. It was not a home, she thought to herself sometimes when she remembered all the good things, you need love to make a house a home

Only a few cars drove past her, and she didn't dare to hitchhike. Hell, she was tired, but she knew better than getting in a car with a stranger. That was one of the few good things her family had taught her.

She felt her throat drying up as she approached a gas station. Forcing a little smile, she accelerated her pace and, as soon as she got there, she sat outside of the convenience store to check if she had enough money to buy some water; as expected, she didn't. She cursed loud enough for anyone to hear, but she was lucky no one was around her.

"Miss, I'm sorry, but you can't stand there" The employee of the store said as he peeked from the inside. "You either buy something or I'm afraid you'll have to go".

She stared at him like he was crazy. Was that something new she didn't know about? She wasn't there to argue, though. Quickly getting her bag and getting up about to leave, she felt a hand grabbing her arm softly.

"It's okay," a soft voice said behind her, leaving her startled, "she's with me".

The guy looked at him for a few seconds, frowned a little bit and went back in. Only then, she turned around to face this mysterious man who had helped her. He had dirty blonde hair, brown eyes and little brown spots in his shirt. He seemed like a runaway too. She muttered a simple 'thanks' and started walking away from him, when she heard him calling out for her.

"Wait! Aren't you going to let me know your name, at least?" he looked at her with puppy eyes that would've worked on anyone, but not on her. Not today.

"Why should I?" She sounded colder than she expected, and quickly added: "It's not like you told me yours either".

He chuckled and it almost made her laugh too; his smile could've been brighter than the sun itself.

"Well said. My name is Jiho," he extended his hand to her, "what's the name of the adorable lady in front of me?" and with that, for some reason, she felt her cheeks go red. She surely didn't feel anywhere near adorable. Grabbing his hand and feeling the warmth, she shook it lightly.

"__________," she said, looking at him straight in the eyes, "that's my name".

"It's gorgeous" he said, seemingly lost in his own train of thought for a second, but snapping out of it as soon as he noticed. "So, __________-ah, what are you doing here alone?"

"Oh, nothing, just... went out for a walk." She spurted out like it was the most convincing excuse in the world. Jiho just laughed.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me. After all, you just met me, but know that if you need to talk, I'm all ears" he walked up to the entrance of the store and held the doors open. "Are you coming or do you want to wait here?"

He doesn't seem that bad, she thought; why not give it a shot? She fixed her shirt a little bit and made her way through the door. The inside received her with a cool breeze coming from the air conditioning.

They spent a while there, mostly talking about each other. She found out he was in her same position, but with the advantage of transportation. She felt a twinge of envy when he told her about his brother, who apparently supported him in every decision he made, but regretted it when she remembered where they were now.

"Well, do you have what you need?" He checked his items once more, in case he was forgetting something, and when he made sure everything was in its place, he looked at her with a friendly gaze.

"Well, actually..." She was holding only a water bottle and a bag of chips, but she was hoping she could put them in her bag whenever he or the employee weren't looking. "I don't think I need anything right now, don't worry about me".

"Then, why did you get that?" He was suspicious and tried to get an answer out of her mouth, but when he saw the sad look in her eyes, he understood what was going on. "Now, don't you worry __________, I'll get this for you. Consider this my one and only act of kindness". He grabbed the items out of her hands and walked to the cashier. Once he was done paying, he gave her the plastic bag with the things she had and some candies too.

The heat welcomed them back when they got out in the street again. The uncomfortable sweat returned to her skin, and she did her best to cover her eyes from the sun. As they approached his car, Jiho, walking besides her, tried to think of a way to talk to her a bit longer.

"So, where are you staying?", he wondered, "I could drive you there."

"I was staying in a motel until last night, but... you know, money is a big problem for me right now", she offered him a small smile and he couldn't help but smile back as he thought of something.

"Well, if you want, you could come with me. I've been living at a friend's house since I left my house, and I'm pretty sure it's big enough for all of us", he said, a hint of excitement escaping through his words. She considered it for a moment. She knew it was an offer she was taught to turn down, but she also knew she needed it, or things would be worse for her.

"You know what? If I didn't know you any better, I'd say you want me to go", she said, opening the passenger door and laughing. He smirked, and ruffled her hair softly.

"You know me all too well already".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never will I ever wait almost a week to publish again, I promise. But yeah, here's another one of these things, hope you enjoyed it! 사랑합니다!