His Smile [BTS/Jimin]

Every day, I looked at him waiting for that special moment. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary, or something that would leave people speechless, but it managed to amaze me in every way every time I caught it happening. I guess I had a tendency to get impressed by things other people would consider pointless, but as far as I could tell I didn't give a single damn about what other people thought.

I could've introduced to everyone myself as Lee Hyunae, the happy girl who had a big crush on Park Jimin... or at least, on the way he smiled. But it was just that; a dumb crush on a dumb thing. I barely knew him, we had only talked before through friends, and I wasn't blind: he had pretty much every girl in school wrapped around his fingers, but he didn't seem to care at all. 'He's just not interested,' I remember my classmate Jinah saying one day, 'I heard someone say he's into music more than he's into love.'

It wasn't weird that anyone could think that. We had Music class together, and the passion he had for the subject was noticeable in every second of it, and it was bigger whenever he sang. He looked so happy when he had that chance, and the atmosphere surrounding him seemed to change. It was annoying, though, to see the girls in the class cheer for every little thing he did.

I always tried my best to stay out of his sight, mostly in fears of rejection, but maybe it was my imagination that made me think that sometimes he looked in my direction with the same fondness that I often felt for him. Every time that thought crossed my mind, I discredited it, knowing it would be insane if it actually was that way.

It was an early Monday morning and the halls were full of people. Making my way to the first class the best I could, I tried to squish through the crowd without hitting anyone. I was almost at the door when someone walked past me, pushing me harshly towards the lockers.

"Watch out where you walk," I heard someone say, followed by some snickering. I turned my head to see Eunhee, one of Jimin's main... 'Admirers'. I wondered what that was all about, but decided it would be best to keep my head out of it; I always saw her doing it to other people, so it wasn't exactly a new behaviour from her.

The rest of the morning went by quickly. From what I could tell, there was something important happening today among the students as everyone seemed so chatty; it was something I wasn't aware of, but I couldn't tell if it was interesting or not. But I didn't know I'd find out at lunch time.

It was exactly 12pm when I entered the cafeteria, and I was shocked when I saw everyone making a circle around someone I didn't need to see to recognize. Eunhee's obnoxious voice came from the middle, and for a minute I couldn't help but laugh at her stupidity. Unfortunately, she turned her head when I was staring, and she motioned me to join her, which I unwillingly obliged to.

"Hello everyone, I'm glad you're here," the beginning already sounded ridiculous; I wondered what this was all about, and I wished for it to be over as soon as possible. "As you may know, I've been having a crush for the longest time in one of the hottest boys here, I don't need to say his name," she continued with a small laugh, and this time it sounded more annoying than it had ever sounded before. Oh, so this is what's going on, I thought, and my heart dropped to the ground with her next words. "Well, finally it has happened; I'm dating Park Jimin!"

Gasps came from all around, and some girls could be heard sighing in frustration over the news. It couldn't be possible. He never even showed signs of liking her, and now this? She looked at me as if waiting for my reaction, but seeing that I showed nothing, she huffed and turned back to talk to her friends, who showered her with 'Congratulations' and 'You're so lucky'.

I felt repulsed at the whole sight in front of me. The first thing I did was walking out of the place, leaving everyone with the commotion behind. I roamed the halls for a while, until I stopped in front of the Music room. There was a voice coming from the inside, a voice I knew too well.