1 - When It All Began

Hi everyone. Here is my latest story. Hope you will come to like it.

The attached link and photo above is the cherry and raven Helene saw in the snow. Enjoy!

Read. Vote. Comment.

+++++

Orlov Manor

Snow falls down the magnificent estate. A bed of whiteness covering the dark grey manor as Lady Helene walks around the garden. Fascinated by the beauty and melancholic ambiance of the moment, she smiled to herself as she touches her tummy.

'Just like in Snow White's story, I hope you will have alabaster skin,' she smiled to herself as she look at the plump cherry tree with its red fruit dangling from its branches, 'lips as red as cherry,' then looks at the dark raven perched atop the left tower, 'and hair as dark as that raven.'

Then she continued walking and passed the main hall then went sitting near the hearth.

'And I wish for you to have the most beautiful cobalt eyes just like your father and the fieriest character so that no one can push you down. Remember my dear child, you are my daughter. Never forget that, Snežana.'

+++++

Lord Pietro paces around the waiting area as he waits for his wife who is in the delivery room. It has been hours since she went inside and this is the longest he has been waiting. All his other children are also there waiting for their mother and the newest addition to their household. Anticipation in their eyes for their only princess.

When the doctor came out of the delivery room, Pietro knew something is not right. He didn't speak as he held his breath.

The doctor look at him and spoke 'Lord Pietro, we are trying our best however if worse comes to worst you need to choose between your wife and your child. They are both in imminent danger. Please follow me. Lady Helene would like to speak with you but make it quick. Every second counts.'

Pietro, shocked at the news, walked behind the doctor without a word. After putting on the surgical gown, he immediately went beside his wife, took her hand in his, and gently kisses her forehead. Looking into her eyes, he knows his wife is in pain.

She holds him firmly as she look at him with determination in her eyes.

She smiled weakly and whispered, 'Save our child. She will be our light. She is my silver lining. And I want her to experience the beauty of the world we live in. So dear, please, save Snežana.'

Crying his heart out, Pietro knows too well the look she held in her eyes. She has finally decided and as devastating as it sounds, he knows he cannot change her mind.

'I will not let you go. Don't give up just yet. The doctor will save the both of you. But I will also promise you that I will take care of our child. Snežana will be raised with full of love. She is your silver lining as much as mine. So please survive this. I love you.'

+++++

Helene didn't survive the childbirth but her child did. When Snežana was born, the whole family quietly celebrated. They were glad that she survived but was saddened by the loss of a wife and mother. The whole household mourned for a month before they realized that there is a child living amongst them.

During those months, Snežana stayed as a quiet child. She never held a tantrum. Never cried too loud but only when she was hungry or if they forgot about her welfare. A child they swore to protect and love.

She became a strong girl so full of energy. Her mirth and liveliness compensated the loss of her mother. She became the life of the Orlov manor.

Raised by her ever loving father who pampers her to the highest extent as well as being loved by her 7 protective older brothers, Snežana never felt sad or lonely while growing up.

Although at times, she is a handful. She never acted ladylike. She was always running around with her brothers, playing in the field with them, horseback riding and joining in all the games her brothers' play. They were a very happy family. Though Pietro sometimes feel sad whenever he remember his wife, it seems like Snežana always find a way to see beyond his façade. She always come to him and hugs him with much love, bringing him back to the present and reminding him that he was never alone. Same goes for her brothers.

One time his eldest and 4th son, Odin and Arthur had a scuffle. Words flew and punches strike. Snežana raced to the yard with a pail of water on one hand. Throwing the water with full force at her two brothers, she then flings the pail towards them to which they duck on a hair's breath. It almost hit them in the head.

Snežana always has a strong grip and she never holds back. And that is saying something because she was only 10 that time and her brothers were 17 and 15. That stopped the brothers from fighting with each other every time they are at the manor. Because they all know that Snežana will create a more frightening scenario if that happened again.

Their family was happy for quite some time but Pietro knows that his children still needs a mother who will guide them so he started dating again.

During a gathering, the Volkov baroness captured his attention. They were introduced to each other and hit it off right away. She is a very charming woman. Beautiful actually, with her golden locks cascading down her back, her mesmerizing eyes the color of blue ice, her slim and voluptuous stature and her elegant confidence.

Also she mentioned to him that she adores children and was a teacher prior to her coming back to take her title. Right there and then he felt, she is really fit to be his wife.

Their courtship is brief as they are both above marrying ages. Deciding that Svetlana needs to meet his children, Pietro invited her to his youngest daughter's debut.

On the night Snežana turned 18, her father introduced Svetlana to his family and the rest of the society as his fiancée. Not knowing how it feels like to have a mother, Snežana was ecstatic that she will now have someone to call mother.

Svetlana treated the children well throughout the night. Not just Snežana but all her brothers as well.

To that, they all agreed that she is worth her father's love and their acceptance. Svetlana lived with them since then. She always cooks for them, go to picnics with them, shops with them, helps with their homework and all.

She definitely received their vote of approval. Upon knowing this, Pietro was all too happy and decided to arrange the wedding as soon as possible.