16 - Lucca and Vivienne

Above is Polina Gagarina as Vivienne.

Read. Vote. Comment.

+++++

Paris

The meeting with Duane was a success. They got the deal so they decided to celebrate at Lucca's mansion. Right now they are at the terrace having wine.

'So where is Ivana?' Johannes asked Lucca.

'Still in Moscow. Said she'll be back soon.'

'You miss her.' Gunther stated.

'Huh.'

'No need to be shy, man. Your face tells it all.'

'Alright. I miss her. Happy?'

'Honesty and trust is a foundation of any relationship.'

'Your point?'

'Does she know?'

'Not yet. Not now.'

'So when are you planning to tell her?'

'I haven't thought of that.'

'You are hopeless. She will get mad at you if you don't tell her. If she learn about it from another person, you might lose her.'

Lucca sighed and slouched at the couch he was sitting on. He knows he has to tell her but not sure how.

'I don't know how to.' Voicing his concern to his friends, Lucca look at both of them.

'Just be honest.'

'I'll think about it.'

'Anyway, I'm curious and I want to ask this ever since I met her. How did the two of your meet?'

'Well, it's complicated.'

'And now you are keeping secrets from us.'

'I'm not. It's just not my story to tell.'

'Then I'll just have to ask her myself.'

'I can tell you the general story.'

'That's good enough.'

'Don't freak out.'

'Now you make this sound scary.'

'Just listen first. And don't freak out.'

'Fine. Alright.'

'I found Ivana at the bottom of the cliff behind our estate a few months back, almost dead actually, so I helped her. She was in coma for a week. When she woke up, I asked what happened. Remember the one month I left? I was in Moscow taking care of her.'

'Ah, now I remember, you said you need to take a vacation. Need to fix something back home or stuff was your alibi. I knew something is wrong there.'

'So what happened to her? Why's she there?'

'That's not my story. Anyway, I offered my house and help to her which she accepted.'

'Is she your real fiancée or this is all for show?'

'She thought it's just fake but I really have feelings for her.'

'What kind of feelings? The temporary or permanent one?'

'Do you need to ask? I remembered you said it showed in my eyes.'

'Nah, just making sure it is the permanent one.'

'But I can sense something off of her.'

'What do you mean?'

'At the party, I saw how she looked at Svetlana when she almost collapsed. At first she looked worried but when Svetlana looked away, her eyes shone with recognition and wrath. Then it was gone.' Johannes snap his fingers to point it out.