5 - Her Sudden Demise

Read. Vote. Comment.

+++++

One night just after dinner as Snežana is about to go to bed, Svetlana called for her and ordered her to be in the lake in 15 minutes. Knowing full well what will happen if she didn't go right away, she ignore changing into her blue night dress and just put on her dark blue robe as she run towards the lake at the back of the manor.

She slowed to a walk when she was about to reach the place. Accustomed to the surroundings in the lake, she sensed that something is not right. She became alert and cautious.

There is a small cabana near the lake where they sometimes relax but the lights are not lit when it was supposed to have all its lights up.

As soon as she steps into the cabana to find the switch, she felt a presence from behind. Turning around, she was surprised at the attack that she wasn't able to defend herself as the figure grab her by the hair and hit her head in the wall. Blood gash from her forehead which made her dizzy. When she tried to fight back, she saw her attacker.

Svetlana grinned evilly at her then smacked her in the face. Snežana tumbled down gasping for air. Svetlana then dragged her to the edge of the lake and dunked her head first into the water to drown her.

Snežana struggled and tried to fight back as Svetlana strangle her but the dizziness and darkness overpower her. The light slipped on her as she slumped motionless. Svetlana pulled her head back and dropped her in the ground.

She then called Bertrand. When he arrived, she motioned for him to put her at the back of his car.

'Take her away from here. Bury her, lit her up, drop her to the ocean, whatever you can do, just throw the body away from here. The hounds know her smell. They might find her if we bury her here.'

'Is she dead?'

'I think so. If not, she soon will.'

'Where will I take her?' her asked innocuously.

'Where no one will find her, stupid!' she snarled at his idiotic question.

'What will you tell your husband?'

'She ran away when we were sleeping. It's not hard to convince them that she left. She has become a lost case after everything that happened. No one will doubt my story.' She grinned with a smile that says she won the game.

'Are you sure?' Bertrand asked again.

Svetlana glared at the man knowing how foolish he can be sometimes, even though he is good with teaching.

But she will give him some slack, the man is afraid. He is shaking with fear right now. Seeing someone dead in front of him and making him bury the body will definitely give him terror.

She has to make sure he does what she ordered him to do. Nobody needs to know what happened to her. And she will make sure of that.

'Yes. Now go! Before somebody sees you.'

Bertrand threw Snežana at the compartment as he drive away from the manor. An hour later, he still couldn't find a place to bury her.

No one can blame him for being in a panicked state. Seeing his lover, the ever evil yet enticing baroness kill her own stepdaughter gave him the chills. Not the ones he feels whenever they have sex but something more ominous.

In fear of being suspected and seen doing the deed, Bertrand pulled over on a hidden spot near a ravine. He looked down and saw nothing but knows there are trees below.

'The trees might hide the body for a while.' He said to himself. He pulled the body from the compartment, looked at the face of the pretty girl, feeling sorry for everything that happened to her and don't want to happen to him, and without remorse, he threw the body below.

Since it was dark, he was not sure if the ravine was deep or steep but knowing the deep cliffs surrounding the area, he prayed this one will hide her body for some time. Then he returned to the manor immediately and told Svetlana he buried her somewhere very far.

+++++

Lucca was strolling around the forest behind his home. It was second nature to him. He is very familiar with this place as he would always roam around this area when he was younger.

He came to a stop near the bottom of the ravine when he saw a figure slumped below. He knelt down and checked for a pulse. When he found a weak throb, he immediately fished out his phone from his pocket and dialed the emergency line. After telling them where he is, he dropped the phone back in his pocket and checked the body carefully for any injury or identification.

That's when he realize this is a girl and seeing as she is only wearing a night dress and a robe shows she was not supposed to be anywhere near this place. When help arrived, they set off back to his home without delay.

Snežana woke up in pain and fear as she remembered everything that happened to her. Her world is dark and eerie. She can feel the soreness of her body but she can't see anything. She tried to open her eyes but it's not working in her favor.

She cried out of frustration and hurt, and was immediately soothed by a calming voice telling her everything is okay and she is safe. Then she felt something prick her arm and she went in deep slumber.

It was late in the afternoon when she woke up now able to tolerate the pain she feels. What hurt her more is the horror of the night she was killed or tried to be killed by her very own stepmother. The woman she thought is real and loving turned out to be a devious evil witch.

Remembering every detail, scenario and terror, she panicked as she looked around. Her brows furrow as she take in the place.

She is in a room, but not just any room. This is similar to her room in their manor but with a different theme.

A black leather sofa sits in the far end of the room near the balcony. The floor has a grey colored carpet while the curtains covering the glass wall has a dark blue shade. The bed she is lying in is a Victorian-styled poster bed with black pillows and blanket above a white bed sheet. Opposite the bed is a fireplace with a gothic design.

Mesmerized and curious where she is, she tried to sit up but felt her muscles ache. She lay back to bed huffing with soreness. Then she heard the door opened. Her head turned and there appeared a god smiling at her.

Captivated by his beauty, she forgot her tongue.

Damn!

He stood tall around 6'3 with a lean body, broad shoulders and enthralling ocean-blue eyes. When he spoke, she remembered his voice from that night calming and soothing her. She smiled at him weakly.