11 - Svetlana's Event

Above is the filigree mask worn by Ivana at the event.

Read. Vote. Comment.

+++++

Svetlana smiled regally at him with eyes like that of a vulture. He had been to many events and met many women to know what each look means. This woman thought she could have him play in her hand. She doesn't know that it is her who will be playing in his and Ivana's hands.

'Thank you for coming to my birthday. I hope you are enjoying the night.'

'Yes, I am. And thank you as well for inviting me. Happy Birthday, Madame.'

'Since it is my birthday, may I ask you to have a dance with me? It will be a great honor to have a dance with you.'

'You are quite daring, Madame, asking me for a dance.'

'I wouldn't be who I am if I am afraid to do what I want.'

'I can see that. Then shall we head to the dance floor.'

Lucca beckoned Svetlana as he whispered something to Johannes. Then they set off to the dance floor. The music changed to something sweet and slow.

Svetlana wrapped her arms around Lucca's neck and had put his hands on her waist.

Lucca's eyes shone with disgust that he disguised with a smile. He know that Svetlana is trying to jump him and he wants to applaud himself for being able to hold his temper in attempting to toss the loathsome woman away from him. Beautiful she may be, yet her personality is like that of a repulsive snake.

'So tell me, Mr. Rousseau, I have heard many things about you. Are all the gossip true?'

'I'm not sure what blather is roaming around about me?'

'You are a well-known hotelier. How come no one has captured your attention?'

'I have quite the personality some cannot handle, I guess.'

'Is that so? Well, I have quite the attitude to handle such personality.'

'And I am busy with my businesses.'

'The ever mysterious yet shrewd businessman. Do you want to expand your business in other country? Perhaps Russia?'

'Talking business on your birthday, Madame. You are really a businesswoman.'

'Business is business whenever and wherever we go. I want to make the most of it. And having a famous hotelier to invest in my country will give us good profit.'

'I'm still thinking of developing a hotel and restaurant but we have no definite proposal yet.'

'How about I give you a proposal. Be my business partner. I have hotels everywhere in Russia. Pick your city. You can be my financier too.'

'Let me think about it.'

'I expect you to thoroughly think about it, Lucca.'

Lucca almost step back when Svetlana coiled her hands further to his neck. She looked like a cobra ready to strike.

The only thing preventing her is the firm grip Lucca has on her waist. The man is quite subtle in his effort to put her off with her attempt in smudging him with her lipstick. But then, she is not Svetlana if she will let him get away.

When Lucca looked back at Johannes, he found Ivana eyeing him with contempt, ire and a little jealousy through her cobalt eyes. She looked like a tigress ready to pounce on whoever is trying to take her mate away.

'Jealousy looks pretty on her.' He thought. His mind drifted back to his dream the other night.

It was about Ivana. And a white dress. In a garden. With her father and brothers. And him waiting for her at the end of the aisle. She looks so beautiful and happy. And that is what he wants her to have.

With that, he decided to make sure her revenge is done as soon as possible for her to be able to let go of her past.

Because he wants her to be in his future.

A light tap on his shoulders distracted him back from his trance. Svetlana looked irked with the way her brows crumpled.

'I'm sorry, Madame. Are you saying something?'

'You looked dazed. Are you alright?'

'Yes. Shall we head back to the table? I would like you to meet someone.'

'Sure.'

Lucca turn around and found Ivana's gaze not deterring from him. Her eyes turned into a slit when she recognized the lady dancing with him. His hands immediately dropped on his sides.

Svetlana noticed it and was about to turn her head towards him when he motioned her towards their table. As they are walking his eyes never strayed away from Ivana's who suddenly changed her facial expression when they are about a few feet away from her.

Ivana came back to the table to find Johannes without Lucca. Gunther excused himself when he saw his other associates on the other side of the hall. She sat down beside Johannes and chat with him all the while trying to locate Lucca. Johannes noticed it.

'Lucca said to tell you he will be dancing with the birthday celebrant over there.'

Ivana turn her head towards the dance floor where she found the witch clinging like a snake on Lucca's neck. Jealousy coursed through her body as she gripped her clutch bag tightly.

'No one touches what is mine without getting burned.' She whispered.

Johannes saw her facial expression changed and followed her gaze. He found himself smiling at what he saw.

The couple is covetous for each other. They look really in love with each other. They look happy and yet there is something in Ivana that bothers him.