6 - Reborn from Death

Read. Vote. Comment.

+++++

'Good afternoon. How are you feeling?' the man spoke.

'Sore.' Snežana replied quietly, wondering if the man heard her. She looked around and back at him, 'Where am I?'

'You're here at my home.' He said and stared at her.

She tilted her head to the sides silently asking him to elaborate. He smiled then sat on the chair beside her bed.

'Sorry, I'm forgetting my manners. My name's Lucca Rousseau.'

'Snežana Orlov.' She took his hand for a handshake. His fingers trailing on hers. His hand is firm and gentle at the same time.

She eyed him curiously, thinking that she had seen his face before. Then remembered who he is. Her eyes widened with surprise. The man in front of her is a well-known hotel magnate in France. He commands the entire hotel and restaurant business in that country. He has businesses all over Europe as well.

So what is he doing in Moscow and did he mention this is his home? She asked herself as she watched him with question in her eyes.

Snežana understood the meaning behind Snežana's gaze. Her cobalt eyes shining with interest. No surprise there.

Everybody is curious as to why he has a home in Moscow when he lives in France. He never explained it to anyone. Nobody knows his past. And he wanted to keep it that way.

He smiled at Snežana and shook his head. The girl understood and didn't say anything.

'So tell me, what are you doing there at the bottom of the cliff?' Lucca inquired.

Snežana stared at the glass wall of the balcony overlooking the vibrant foliage surrounding the house. Her eyes glisten as she felt the same terror and pain the night it happened. She shook the memory away as she turned to face him again and asked.

'How did you find me?'

Lucca knew then that he had to be more inquisitive with her. She can dismiss questions and redirect it to the other person without being mean.

'That is part of my estate and I coincidentally am in the area at that time.'

'Hmmm.'

'I don't mean to pry but seeing you in that state had my curiosity peaked. Do you want to talk about it?'

'Thank you for your concern but remember curiosity killed the cat. You may not want to help me anymore once you know what happened.'

'Why?'

'You may be famous in France but the one who did this to me is more powerful here in Russia. You don't want to get involved.'

'What if I want to?' He looked her in the eye with the same intensity she gives him.

'No you don't.'

Lucca is a man who thinks before he speaks but seeing her and talking to her made him want to do everything without thinking. She gives off a delicate feeling that makes him want to protect her.

When he saw her having a nightmare the night he found her, something in him stirred and he found himself calming her as she trash around before settling down. He had to ask the doctor to sedate her that night for her own safety.

Her marvelous eyes made him lose himself more to her. He decided to pry in deeper.

'Snežana, I'm sorry to say this but I know who you are and I have a good guess who did this to you. So you might as well tell me about it or we can go to the police. Choose.'

Snežana laughed. He saw how Lucca stares her. With caution, worry, regard and care? She frowns a little at her own observation. And he definitely is someone who gets nosy when he wants to. But as much as she wants to tell him what happened, she doesn't want him to get mixed up in this mess.

Besides, she doesn't know him too well. What if he is a colleague of Svetlana? She mused but felt doubtful of her own question. He seems like a man whom she can trust. But still, he is a stranger to her. Even if he saved her from dying that night.

'No. I can't tell you. I don't want to remember the horror that night gave me.' She gazed at the view outside then remembering something, 'By the way, how many hours have I been out?'

Lucca smirks. The girl says what she wants to say and yet she is so closed off he wasn't sure how to get her comfortable with him. He might need to be patient with her, something he sorely doesn't have.

'Hours? You've been sleeping for a week now, sweetheart.'

'A week!' she gasped. 'Oh my! I'm sorry to be a bother to you then. Don't worry, once I can move, I'll leave.'

'No need. You can stay her as long as you want.'

'That would be too much. You already helped me by doing this. I can't ask for more.'

'I insist.'

Snežana stare at Lucca understanding that he will not take no for an answer. She sighs and smiles as she said thank you.

Lucca stands up and turn to leave.

'Buzz if you need anything. I'll see you tonight.' He said as he pointed the buzzer beside her bed.

She just smiled back then closed her eyes tiredly.

Lucca opened the door then turned to look back at the girl lying in his bed.

Her bruises were still visible but not too much like that night, she has dark spots on her eyes and arms had a broken rib and scratches all over her body.

She look so tired and weary but her eyes, damn! There is something in her eyes that shine with fire. And he knows what it is. The hatred, madness and vengeance flow from her, radiating like wildfire.

He can see and feel her determination to get back to the people who did this to her. And he will make sure she fulfills it. He left the room deciding to make some phone calls.