Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Taking Jeffrey's advice, Andrew immediately went to the jeweller's to purchase something for Jasmine. Normally, he wouldn't go that far just to have a woman accept his appology, but he really needed to make amends with Jasmine. He'd bought a silver necklace with a sapphire heart pendant hanging from it. The colour really went well with her eyes as he recalled how lovely she looked at the soiree.

As he stepped out, two women gasped.

"Lord Huntingdon," one of them - probably the other's mother - said, fanning herself. "I do believe we met at the ball. This is my daughter, Arabella." she pushed her daughter towards him.

"Ah, yes," he had no clue who she was. "Nice to meet you,"

The girl nearly swooned. She curtsied and flashed him what she thought was a seductive smile.

"Well, I best be off," Andrew hoped they'd take a hint and leave. "I have someone I must see urgently."

"Oh, of course," the women curtsied and stalked off, Arabella's mother silently scolding her daughter for not capturing his attention.

Lord Huntingdon sighed in relief and made his way towards his carriage. Just as he was about to step in he saw three women stepping out of a dress shop a few feet away. Two of them were wearing matching yellow day dresses and the other a deep violet. He didn't even have to think twice when he heard them laugh.

Jasmine and her friends were right there. It would be a good time to appologise further and hopefully one of the twins would take his side. Taking a deep breath, Andrew walked over to them and cleared his throat.

"Lord Huntingdon,"

Was this Charlotte or her sister Rosaline? he asked himself.

"We were just talking about you and how I plan to get even,"

Ah, it was Charlotte.

"Please forgive my sister's manners," Rosaline said with a gentle smile.

"It's alright," he said, turning to Jasmine. "I have come to ask her forgiveness,"

Jasmine stared at him, puzzled. "You don't have to..."

"I want to," he insisted, handing her the box which contained the necklace. Luckily, no one payed much attention to them or they'd get the wrong idea. "Please,"

Slowly, she took the box from him, Charlotte and Rosaline leaning in to take a look at it's contents. The three ladies gasped in unison when the lid had been opened.

"Andrew," Jas mine beathed. "It's... I cannot..."

"She forgives you," Charlotte cut in. "Come now, Jasmine, it was only a frog. You have to accept this necklace or else I'll never speak to you again."

Jasmine giggled, the sound making Andrew's heart melt.

"I already forgave you after much thought last night," she said to him. "I suppose I overreacted. You were just expressing your thoughts."

The look she gave him made it clear she was talking about his outburst and not the frog incident.

"But," Charlotte said, grinning. "A little jewellery won't sit well with me, my lord. You must join us at the theatre to make up for upsetting my friend."

"Surely you jest," Andrew laughed. 

"Not at all. Jasper got his just desserts when Mr Horace found him and so shall you."

"The theatre is hardly what I would consider punishment,"

"It is when the play is Romeo and Juliet," Jasmine said, catching on to Charlotte's idea.