Chapter 3: Call Us Friends

Belgium's POV

It wasn't long before I noticed that my cheeks were red. I couldn't help but looked at him with a quirky expression. "What-a?" He asked. I shook my head and covered my mouth with three fingers. I shook my head and put my food away. I grabbed my stuff only to realize that it was a fake bell.

I sat back down against the tree as Italy left to sit at the table with his Axis Powers friends. Romano had sat back down next to me. I had an awkward feeling so I backed away sitting on the opposite side of the tree.

"Why do you-a sit here? Don't you have-a your friends-a?" Romano asked on the opposite side of the tree. I shook my head. "I just needed some peace for a certain day. Every other day I'm sitting with the countries," I said opening my container with waffles and ate one.

"M-Maybe you should-a sit with the-a countries. Don't want to-a be a loner like-a me," I heard Romano say. I shook my head. "Your not a loner. You have brothers that actually care about you and-," I got cut off when Romano snorted. "Pasta-Bastard and-a Tomato-Bastard. They have their own business," Romano said. I frowned and took another bit of my waffle.

It wasn't long before I saw that the Nordic 5 were advertising the Witchcraft Club's haunted house. "Come to the haunted house! If you dare...," Denmark said with a cheap grin on his face. Norway had smacked his arm. He winced in pain. "Ow!" Denmark exclaimed. "Your going to make an annoying salesman when you grow up," Norway said. "Believe me. He's never going to grow up," Sweden said and handed flyers out.

It wasn't long before a familiar white-haired Finnish boy came up to me and handed me a flyer. "Hey, Bella! Come to the haunted house tomorrow! Though you would rather want to wait for Christmas it's much more fun," Finland said whispering the last part. I laughed and took the flyer. "Thanks, Finny," I said and took a look at the flyer. "Also you have to go in pairs if you want to go in free! Girl-Boy order!" Finland exclaimed. I sighed and nodded as he walked away handing more flyers.

"Girl-Boy order huh," I murmured to myself and looked at the blood-stained flyers. I turned to look at Romano when I heard argument. "Dammit! How many-a times have I-a told you that I-a don't want to go to your-a Bastardic Haunted-a House," Romano said. I turned to see what was going on. Romano was refusing to receive a flyer from Iceland.

"Just take it! Throw it away behind my back for all I care!" Iceland exclaimed and shoved the flyer at Romano. "And it isn't Herman's fault he wanted to hurt you! If anyone's blaming you, Suicide Boy, it's your damn attitude!" Iceland exclaimed. His puffin squawked. I clenched my fist and took a stand.

"It's not his fault. He's been bullied by a thousand of countries already," I said. Romano stared at me with wide eyes. Almost the whole half of the lunch area was silent. Iceland crossed his arms. "Psh," he said quietly and walked away. Everyone is back to their chatter. I looked at Romano who looked the other direction in silence. I sat next to him.

"Leave me alone-a Bella," Romano said and crossed his arms. I shook my head. "Seriously, Lovino," I said. Romano stayed silent. "I don't-a want you to-a get in my-a problems. Besides. Don't you-a have that-a Tomato-Bastard Antonio?" Romano asked. My eyes widened.

"Don't be silly!" I exclaimed. Romano scoffed and pouted. "Aren't you two dating?" Romano asked. My eyes widened. I shook my head. "W-We broke up," I said. Romano's eyes widened.

"How could-a such a bastard hurt a Bella ragazza?" Romano asked as his cheeks turned red. I didn't understand why.

(Italian fact: Bella means Beautiful and Ragazza means Girl)

"My last name is Maes, not Ragazza," I said. Romano nodded. "Yeah I-a know. Anyways, why would that-a bastard break up with-a you?" Romano asked. I shook my head and sat next to him on the tree.

"Well, it was raining. Perfect setting for a break-up. We only last a few months then he told me it was over. He was crying. That's it. Then I went to Herman and he did the same thing that happened to you," I told Romano.

I yawned and stretched. "I didn't get enough sleep last night. Can I borrow your lap for a second?" I asked him. Romano's eyes widened as a blush formed on his cheeks. "What? Your embarrassed of a girl napping of your lap? Come on I've done worse," I said. Romano shook his head. "Idiota, I know you don't-a speak Italian so-a si you can borrow my-a lap for-a few seconds," Romano muttered. I yawned and rested my head on his lap.

"You have exactly a second," Romano said. "Awe no fair!" I crossed my arms and pouted. Romano sighed. "Fine-a. Until this stupid-a lunch period ends-a," Romano said. I smiled and stretched as I took a little nap.

Romano's POV

I looked at her as she slept. She sort of looked like a cat curled up in a ball. I resisted the urge to stroke her hair. But my hand was trembling. I sighed as I ran her blonde locks between my fingers. For once, I liked this girl. As a friend.

"Ohohohon," I heard France chortle with the Bad a Touch Trio. "Oh. Those-a bastards ," I muttered silently and quickly put away my idiotic hand. "Antonio, you taught this miscreant how to get girls! Kesesese!" Prussia exclaimed. "At least-a Tomato-Bastard doesn't have an annoying-a laugh," I muttered. Spain shook his head. He wasn't smiling much.

"Oooh! He's stealing your cherie!" France exclaimed and nudged him with his elbow.

(French fact: Cherie means Sweetheart)

I clenched my fist as they started laughing. "Hah! Lovino is blushing! He's stole your frau!" Prussia exclaimed.

(German fact: Frau means Woman)

Spain crossed his arms and looked straight at Belgium and I. How she was sleeping like an angel and Spain was just standing there. It wasn't long before a grin had appeared on his face.

"I hope you guys grow in a wonderful relationship with this Chica!" Spain exclaimed. The Bad Touch Trio started murmuring something and walked away. "That-a fake tomato-bastard. He thinks he's-a nice but-a fratello you aren't-a fooling me," I muttered.

(Italian fact: Fratello means brother)

I don't know why suddenly I'm mad at Spain for a different reason. I don't know why but I'm mad at him for hurting Belgium. "I don't-a know why your so-a easy to be around-a with than other-a ragazzas," I said and looked at her.

Belgium's eyes slowly fluttered open as she woke up. Almost like a butterfly flying for the first time. She smiled at me as her green eyes shone wide. "Thanks for not, pushing my face in the dirt," Belgium said and sat against the trees.

"Um-a Bella, can I-a ask you-a something?" I asked and rubbed the back of my neck. She nodded as a small giggle escaped her mouth. "Sure," she said. "Would you-a like to be-a f-friends?" I asked. Belgium was suddenly serious. But that adorable smile of hers was back.

"Of course, Lovino! I've been waiting for you to say that!" Belgium exclaimed.