Chapter 14: Forgive Me...

Belgium's POV

As I was walking around an Italian town, I saw a TV store and something showing on them caught my attention. It was a news thing and usually I hate the news because the ads in between are never about waffles. Not just that but there would usually be a lot of bad stuff on them. It was an Italian newscaster and he was talking about someone, suiciding. I had suddenly thought of Romano.

"There's been reports of a man on top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa about to jump, live. He still hasn't jumped and there are police there as we know it. According to family his name is Lovino Vargas."

My eyes widened as I clenched my fists. I broke into a sprint and ran into an Italian. "Where's the shortest shortcut to the Leaning Tower of Pisa?" I asked sounding frantic. The Italian pointed south. "Thank you," I said and broke into a sprint again when I was able to spot the leaning tower.

"Why are you suiciding?" A British police officer said on a megaphone. I thought that nations can't die. But they can die if they choose to. Called suicide. I could clearly see that it was Romano on the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I ripped the megaphone off of the police officer's hand and talked to Romano.

"Lovino! I'm right here! I would never choose Antonio over you, okay? It was our first fight and I was mad!" I exclaimed. Romano shook his head and took one step closer to falling. My heart was racing with fear. "That's a lie," Romano said. I shook my head and spoke into the microphone again. "It's not! And I'm sorry, Lovino! Words just blurted out of me and I was just angry!" I exclaimed.

Lovino had shook his head and gave me a sign. "Come up here" was I think what he was saying. I handed back the megaphone and raced up the tower with my heart rate increasing by one beat each step I took. I got up and saw Romano closer to falling. "Lovino, please!" I exclaimed. Romano shook his head.

I gulped and walked closer to him. I walked so close to him that I was on the same falling level as him. "If you jump I will. That's how much I would choose you over Antonio!" I exclaimed as tears were formed in my eyes again. Romano's eyes widened. "No, you-a can't. Just, why are you-a doing this? I thought that you didn't-a like me anymore," Romano said. I chuckled.

"Lovino, I can't hold a grudge on people. It's my nature," I said and caressed his cheek with my hand. Romano gulped as he held my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. Romano had tears glisten from his eyes as they fell down like mine. He pressed his forehead against mine and cried silently.

"If I-a ever leave this-a world, I want you to-a remember me," Romano said. I laughed as I wiped his tears away with my hand. "If I ever leave this world, would you?" I asked. Romano nodded and kissed my nose. "No one can-a forget a beautiful-a face like yours," Romano said. I grinned. "Your so sweet," I said and pulled Romano into a tight hug.

Romano had gladly embraced me tight as he had sobbed on my back. I had done the same.

"I'm never leaving this world without you," I whispered in his ear. "That makes us-a even, Ragazza," Romano whispered in my ear. He soon let me go and stepped off the edge of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Everyone clapped. I got off, too. As soon as we reached the ground, I linked arms with Romano and walked away from the crowd.

"Can I have my sweater back?" I asked. Romano raised one eyebrow. "What do you-a mean?" Romano asked. I playfully punched his arm. "Your blue one!" I exclaimed. Romano smiled and gave me his blue sweater. "Anything for my-a ragazza," Romano said and pecked my cheek. I looked at the white cursive etched onto the bottom right corner of the sweater.

Lovino Vargas

I had quickly hugged the sweater then soon putting it on. Romano sighed and put his arm draped around my shoulder. "Why do you look so-a cute when your wearing my-a clothes?" Romano asked. I grinned and pinched his cheek. "I'm imagining how cute you would look like in a dress," I said and let go of his cheek.

Walking in Italy, it wasn't long before we were at a church and we went inside. It was quite empty, and awkward that it was just Romano and I inside. We sat on one of the pews and looked at where it was. Romano still had his arm around me as I looked at the place. The stain glass was absolutely amazing.

"If you were-a to have a wedding, ragazza, what would-a it be like?" Romano asked as I soon noticed that his cheeks were pink. I rested my head against his shoulder and looked at the beautiful scenery. "As long as Lovino Vargas is my groom, any wedding's going to be amazing," I said, grinning. Romano started to blush harder as he looked around the scenery. "Well, th-that's-a nice," Romano said.

Romano and I went out of the church and took a nice little walk around Italy. Ate some pizza, got to chat a bit. In fact, we spent our whole day in Italy. Now it was the sunset, and we were on a nice hill watching the sun go down in the tomato fields.

"Maybe I should-a take you here more-a often," Romano said. I chewed on a tomato. "You know, tomatoes taste amazing," I said and giggled. Romano smiled. "And my-a bella ragazza likes-a tomatoes! Could you be more-a perfect?" Romano asked and pressed our foreheads together again.

"I'm counting until sun goes down, are you?" I asked. Romano smiled and nodded. I was gazing into his green eyes as our noses touched. I glanced at the sunset and started the countdown.

"One..," I said.

"Two..," Romano said.

"Thr-" I was cut off.

Romano had pressed his lips against mine and caressed my cheek. I had kissed him back. Of course, I could see the Italian side of him. I closed my eyes as well. When I opened them, I pulled away and saw that the sun was already down.

"I really love you, Lovino."

"I do to, Bella."