Chapter 6: A Sad Death

Romano's POV

It was finally the end of the school day as I rushed out the door in hope of me to get out early before Italy, Spain, and France at home. I soon noticed that there were girls gossiping about something that happened.

"Someone rejected Antonio! Such an adorable guy. How sad," the girl said and frowned. "I heard it was the one with the waffles. Her last names Maes, right? Related to Herman?" The second girl asked. My eyes widened as I spotted the Belgian country in the crowd.

"Bella what are they-a talking about you-a rejecting Antonio?" I asked her. Belgium smiled. "I did it so I wouldn't get hurt by him again!" Belgium said and smiled. I nodded noticing that Italy was already ahead of me from going home. "I have to-a go, Ciao," I said and waved at her and raced to the Roman House.

I made it there before Italy, France, and Spain. Though there was a letter on the ground. I picked it up and it said it was meant for all the four Roman Brothers. I got out my key and opened the door and raced to the kitchen as I carefully opened the letter.

Dear Italy, France, Spain, and Romano,

I am sorry to say that your Grandfather, has deceased and his Empire had fallen. His funeral is where his Empire had fallen a week from now.

Condolences, Germania.

With those few sentences was enough for me to fall to my knees as tears rolled down my cheeks in sadness. My cheeks wet and red from anger and tears. Sadness burned through my heart like a sword being pierced to my throat. My fists clenched as the letter crumpled in my hands.

"Fratello!" Italy exclaimed and walked over to me and tried to comfort me. "I've never seen him cry before," France said. Spain crossed his arms, nodding in agreement. "Come on. Tell me what-a happened," Italy said. I cringed and handed the three the letter I got.

"Grandpa Rome... Is dead," I said coldly and drowned in my sobs of sadness. Italy had soon joined my sobs and cried in sadness. France and Spain being the mature ones, still stood up as slowly, tears rolled down their cheeks.

"I-I've been-a waiting for him to-a come back for-a four years. Four-a damn years!" I exclaimed in anger. Italy just sobbed on the ground. "How could such an empire like Grandpa Rome fall?!" France exclaimed. I wiped away my stupid tears and got up and walked to my room, shutting the door and locking it.

I looked in my closet that I've been keeping under a pillow so that idiot Italy wouldn't find out about this. I got a long piece of rope that I've been keeping under my pillow case. Then I got out a piece of paper and red pen that I've written in.

I want to be a person just like you, don't you see?
I want to be a person who is still being "me"
It really would be nice but I'm paying a price
'Cause I'd really, not be me and that would not suffice

A dream which is an easy task I won't deny
But it'd be fine if people just like me would go and die

If I am this way I would never want to stay
Tens of thousands of people would be sad and cry
No one here wanting me, please don't say you don't agree
Wishing for a world hiding from my seeking eye

If I am this way please just wipe me into gray
Hundreds of millions of people would be glad and shine
No one here hating me, that would be so nice to see
But that kind of joy will never intertwine

Tomorrow I will still be dreaming half awake
And I am hoping I can disappear in such a state

If I'd live this way I would never want to stay
Hundreds of millions of people wouldn't even know
No one here wanting me, please don't say you don't agree
Would a world like that be a "yes" or be a "no"?