Chapter 11: Country History

Romano's POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. In fact, it wasn't even in my house. Nowhere near my house. I looked at what I was wearing to see that I was wearing a Roman costume from I think was last night. I looked at my surroundings but felt a little lazy since the bed was so cozy. I looked at my right side as my eyes widened.

Belgium was curled up in a sleeping position, resting on my chest in that Roman Princess uniform of hers. What I was relieved from is that all of our clothes were still on. And there was no sign of France. A red blush appeared on my cheeks. "W-Wait, where am I?" I asked.

My question was soon answered with the smell of burnt scones in the kitchen and a smoke alarm sounding. Belgium woke up, coughing. "Oh God what's that smell?" She asked and fluttered her eyes open, pinching her nose. I had done the same. "We're in that-a bastard, Britain's-a house," I said. Belgium nodded and walked downstairs.

"Dude! Where the hell did you put the fire extinguisher?!" America yelled at Britain. "Well if you hadn't been such a git and used it to break all my windows we would have still had it!" England argued with America.

Canada poured maple syrup all over the fire while France was pouring water from rose vases all over. England was too busy cooling the scones and America went searching in the front yard for the fire extinguisher.

"Should we leave?" Belgium asked me. I nodded as I quit staring at the scene and walked outside. Belgium laughed and wrapped her arms around my right arm. "Last night was fun," Belgium said and giggled. My eyes widened as a shade of red blush formed on my face.

"By what-a fun do you-a mean?"

Belgium raised one eyebrow. "The party of course! And Halloween!" Belgium exclaimed. I sighed in relief and nodded. "Don't we have to-a do an essay about-a our countries?" I asked. Belgium nodded. "I can return to costume to you, first. My clothes are still at your house," Belgium said and I nodded in agreement.

We were at our house already as I saw Spain eating tomato soup and Italy pasta. My plate of pizza was there as well as an extra plate with waffles on it. "I knew you would-a bring your Bella Ragazza with you!" Italy exclaimed. Spain grinned and I sat next to Italy and Belgium sat next to, Spain.

"So how was it sleeping at a former pirate's place?" Spain asked and took a spoonful of tomato soup and ate it. I raised one eyebrow. "I'm always-a here. Your a former-a pirate," I replied. Spain chuckled. "I wasn't a very good one," he said. I nodded and took a bite out of my pizza.

"Ve~ I'm going with-a Kiku and-a Ludwig (STILL SO HARD FOR ME TO SAY THAT) so we can-a work on essays! I really don't-a know what to-a do," Italy said and twirled his pasta eating it happily. Spain nodded. "Mr. Germania barely explained. And I'm doing it with Gilbert and Francis," Spain murmured and I took a bite out of my pizza.

It wasn't long before I finished it and walked into the closet wearing my home clothes which was a white T-Shirt saying Bastard in black and red pants. I returned Grandpa Rome's stuff carefully and walked out of the closet.

Before walking out of Grandpa Rome's room, I couldn't help but notice something. Grandpa Rome took pictures with me, Spain, and Italy.

But there was a girl and a boy there.

They looked about as old as us. They were both blonde, like siblings. One of them had a blue and white scarf and the other had a fabric green headband. I raised one eyebrow and took a closer look. "I shouldn't be-a looking through his stuff," I said and walked away. Belgium had returned her costume already as I walked to my room and sat on my bed.

"My history...my history..," I thought and twirled my pencil through my curl, thinking. There's not a lot to know about me. I'm just the south part of Italy while I was governed separately from the North so I had to be with Spain and the north had to be with Austria.

I flipped pages through my planner to find that it was an 8-paragraphed essay. But I can't write 8 paragraphs about someone as boring as me. I looked at Belgium sitting on the floor writing away her history with no problem. Oh right, she started two days ago.

    Romano, also known as South Italy, is an Italian and is governed separately from North Italy and is also me. North Italy and I were separated by Austria and Spain. Austria had chosen the Northern part of Italy while Spain had me. I was raised there and was separated from North Italy for a while.

I had dropped my pencil in drowsiness and fell asleep on the bed I was sleeping on. I ignored the fact that I fell asleep only on my first paragraph. There's nothing interesting about me, anyways.

Belgium's POV

"Done!" I exclaimed and wrote my name and date on the right corner and put it away in my binder. I closed it up and stuffed it all back in my backpack and leaned against the bed Romano was on, only to find that he was asleep on it.

I looked at his paper to see that it was only one paragraph. "Oh seriously," I said and tousled his hair a bit, avoiding his curl at all cost since I knew already what happens when you touch it. I sighed and kissed his forehead and grabbed my backpack as soon as I zipped all my stuff, done with my homework.

"Sweet dreams, my Roman soldier," I said and left the house.