Chapter 5- Can't

(^Paisley^)

Breckyn's Pov.

I woke up in a room I didn't know and a place I have never seen. I got up out of the bed slowly and looked at my phone, it read 7:59. Before I could do anything else Austin barged through the door on high alert. That's the moment everything came back in my head. All I could think at this point was, 'No, you can't be with him or even just be friends. He and everyone else will just get hurt like all the others.' I repeated the same two sentences in my head over and over again before I knew what I had to do.

I quickly ran out the door past Austin and bolted out the front door. I kept running until I found a park about a block away from what I presumed was Austins house. I can't hurt him or anyone, the boys, Myka, and especially anyone he cares for. Everyone gets hurt around me...

Two Weeks Later...

I haven't talked to Austin for two whole weeks, its horrible. Like all I do now is mope around and go fighting. I haven't raced for a while because I just can't drive without thinking about him.

In these two long hard weeks I've been somewhat eventful. Got an apartment, eat food, and slept. That's really it I've skipped school for a week but not both.  I need to stop moping around and get help. I know...

Phone Call:

'Hello?' -Unknown

'Hey sis' -Breckyn

'Oh my god, your alive. You little shit, you haven't called me for 3 damn weeks!' -Unknown

'Calm down Paisley. It has only been 2 and a half weeks thank you very much' -Breckyn

'I don't care. Where are you now. Caleb is too much to handle I'm moving where you are' -Paisley

'Yes ma'm' -Breckyn

(Laughing)

'I'm in a place called Vermont something. All you need to do is hurry and pin my phone. I need you girly' -Breckyn

'Ok, love you babe' -Paisley

End Of Phone Call...

I know what your all thinking, 'She called her sis and then she said babe'. Ya haha we are like best friends and I guess we just do that sometimes. Paisley has been my best friend since diapers and well she's her. The best person ever, but she is still kinda badass. She's just a little shorter than me maybe, I don't know. She has the prettiest hair ever and green eyes, blue, and brown-ish, so hazel eyes. She is so pretty but she doesn't think she is, which bothers me like a lot.

Now moving on to Caleb, well we don't really like him very much. He's her ex-boyfriend who just is a total dick. He won't stop messing with her even though they ended things like two years ago. To me he's just desperate. Serious he's like one of those people who just doesn't have a filter and just holds on to people too much. You know one of those, player, jock strap, and total dick vibe. Yep that pretty much describes him perfectly.

-

I've been up all night waiting for Paisley, it didn't take me an entire day to get here so she should be getting here in like...

I heard a heavy knock on my door, I jumped off the couch and ran to the door exsided to see my best friend. I open the door and then I see who the real person is, I stare wide eyed at the tall dark haired boy. It's the one and only, Austin. "How did you find me, can't you just leave me alone for a really long time. I can't be friends with you at all so please just leave me alone and I will leave you alone as well." I was pushing the door shut when he preyed it open again. I just stand in my pjs glaring at the really hot boy in front of me.

"No, I'm not leaving your not gonna leave me alone and I sure as hell won't leave you alone. I care about you Breckyn why can't you just stop pushing us all away and let us in. I told you the day we met that I would protect you from anything, but how do I protect you if you won't even let me in. Goddammit I can't just let you go and leave you alone, your too... well you. I don't even know why you try to push us all out but whatever reason it is it doesn't matter. Please just talk to me." He said with pleading eyes and a pleading voice. I looked at him like actually looked at him, his hair was a mess and he had bags under his eyes.

"I know, but it's not like that. I can't get involved with you and you can't afford to get involved with me. It's just won't end good." I was breaking down inside but I learned the hard way not to ever cry in front of anyone, my teacher my 'father'. Austin looked heart broken but just turned around and left with nothing else to say. I closed the door slower than a turtle at a marathon and dragged my self back to the couch. After a few more minutes another knock was at my door, this time I got up less existed and dragged myself back to the door. I opened it and looked to see who it was. I instantly cheered up but also saddened at the same time. All I could think of was Austins face, I know what I did hurt him, hell it hurt me worse probably. At the thought of him I broke down in tears. She just looked at me and hugged me as we walked to the couch.

"Sweetie whats wrong, talk to me I'm here now." Paisley said trying to sound like a mother which helped a bit.

"I can't let anyone in, ever." She pulled back for a minute to look at me, but after that short time she pulled me back into her warn embrace.

"You really love him don't you?" What she said hit me like a brick wall. 'Do I love him? No, I can't love him or anyone ever. Do I care about him? No, I can't care about him or anyone ever.' Why can't I just love someone and be a normal child who has no freaking cares in the world. Why did my so called 'father' have to ruin my life?