Chapter 7- Staying Here

(^Jace^)

Austin's Pov. 

It's been forever since I last talked to Breckyn I don't really understand why she wont just talk to me. Ever since she ran out of the house two weeks ago, she's been avoiding me and it hurts. I need to know, whatever it takes. I will find out and protect her from her evident past.

Breckyn's Pov. 

So after the whole thing with Alex and Jace. We finally made our ways to class. Me and Paisley had first and second class together, and we were in the same homeroom classroom. It was already third class and me and her were in science with Mrs. Lakewood. She was a nice teacher and it was kinda not boring but school shall be school, so it was boring no matter what the teacher is like. You could say that school just was a prison for kids of all kinds, and the jail keepers are the teachers. Oh what fun school is! I just totally love it. Oh did I say love I meant hate. Oh well. 

The bell rang for lunch and everyone in a rush, pushed out of the doors. As we were walking down the hall way I saw Myka and Alex walking slowly. Alex turned toward us and whispered something to Myka making her turn her head in our direction. She smiled and waved, I waved back but that was all. "Just stop for once." 

I quickly tuned my head towards Paisley and stopped in my tracks. "Huh?" 

"You have to stop running from him, I can see it. You like it here and you like the people but, you don't want anyone getting hurt because of you. Didn't you say the guy that was like super good to you was a gang leader? I'm sure that he wouldn't let anything happen to you no matter what. You need to face him, your father. You have to stop running from him because either your gonna spend the rest of your life running or your gonna fight for what you love." I stared into my wise friends eyes to see that she was only telling me one thing, to not let him win. I know I should stop running and thanks to her I will. I immediately hugged her and she hugged me back. I hate emotions so I try to put up walls to protect me and others but those walls are crumbling down. 

"I will, but I have to find Austin first." She gave a quick nod which told me to go. I left without another word I needed to find him. He was the last piece to me staying. I ran outside to the bleachers where we met the first day and I saw him under them alone. I ran even faster to him and he turned and saw me coming. He stood up and started walking over to me, as where now I had stopped running. 

"Breckyn" He said with pain clear in his eyes. 

"Austin, I-I need your help." He stared down at me and I could tell he was a little happy I was at least talking to him.

"Of course, anything." He now had a small smile gracing his face. That's when I told him, told him everything. I've never told anyone before not even Paisley, and when I say everything I mean everything. From the start to the very now. I can't tell you had bad it hurt to say all of these things out loud but I didn't cry, I couldn't. I haven't cried since my moms death.

"Wow. Why did you tell me all of that? Not that I don't like you telling me stuff and getting personal about it. I just don't understand why me?" I looked into his beautiful grey and blue eyes and thought to myself. Why am I really this open to him?

"I know I can trust you and that you will keep me safe. You did make a promise already." He gave a light chuckle and nodded his head. 

"A promise that I will forever keep." 

(A/N Sorry its short<3)